Introduction: Easy Salsa Fresca | Pico De Gallo
In this instructable I will show you how to make salsa. This amazing homemade salsa recipe is super easy to make using fresh ingredients. This salsa is a mild pico de gallo or salsa fresca. I love salsa, pico is probably my favorite kind to make and eat. I do like a classic restaurant style salsa as well which is usually blended and more smooth. Either way it is hard to go wrong with fresh homemade salsa. It is super easy to make if I can do it, you can do it, let's get started!
Don't forget to follow me and check out my other instructables. :)
If you have any questions or comments leave them down below and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Follow the easy steps below or watch the short video tutorial, or do both. :)
You may print the recipe here if you like.
- 2 cups of diced tomatoes (4 to 5 medium tomatoes) (400g)
- 1/2 cup diced/minced onion (1 small onion) (75g)
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup minced cilantro (1 to 2 handfuls) (15g)
- 2 Tbsp. minced jalapeño (1 small jalapeño) (30g)
- 2 tsp. lime juice (about half a lime) (10ml)
- 1 tsp. of salt (kosher or table salt) (5g)
- 3 cloves or about 2 Tbsp. of fresh minced garlic (30g)
- 1/2 tsp. of black ground pepper (2g)
- spatula or spoon
Step 1: This Is How We Mix It.
The most time consuming part of making salsa is chopping up the ingredients. Once you have your ingredients gathered, throw them all into a large bowl and with a spatula mix them all together. Simple as that! :) If you want more of a restaurant style salsa you can throw all of the ingredients in a blender and blend them up until smooth. Add more salt, pepper, and garlic powder as necessary for taste, or more jalapeño for kick.