Introduction: Endless Cold Brewed Iced Coffee!
TLDR; See photo.
- 2 x 1L / 1Qt / large take-out soup containers w lids
- 1 x 'gold filter' fine metal mesh coffee filter or small plastic cone & paper filter (optional)
- Coffee Beans & Grinder
Step 1: Grind Your Beans!
75ml (1/3 cup) of ground coffee beans makes about 1 liter / 1 quart of delicious cold brewed coffee. You can also make it double-strength as shown
I highly suggest grinding your own whole beans as you use them. The best way to grind them is by hand, bean by bean, with a traditional petrified Himalayan cat dung mortar and pestle.
If your local grocery store is out, a regular grinder will suffice.
Step 2: Grab a Large Container
- Put the ground beans into one container.
- Fill the container with cold water, seal with lid.
- Swirl the large container until the grounds and water are nicely mixed.
- Put in fridge overnight, swirling occasionally.
Step 3: Wait Until 1pm
... the next day.
(Gotta do what the icon says...)
Step 4: Strain Your Cold Brew!
Grab the other (empty) container, put in the filter cone, and marvel at how perfectly it fits.
Pour your delicious slurry into the empty container.*
* You can do this with NO FILTER at all if you let the grinds settle to bottom and pour carefully.
Step 5: Remove the Filter
...and pour yourself a glass over ice!
Wait, what about the 'endless thingy' you ask?
Take the NOW EMPTY large container, rinse it out, put in fresh ground beans...
... and REPEAT!