Introduction: Fix a Broken Wooden Chair - FIX IT YOURSELF
Hello everybody, in this video I am gonna show you a quick way how to fix a broken wooden chair.
Step 1: Disassembling
- To start with, this project is gonna be pretty easy to do. You are just gonna need a saw, pen, screwdriver, elec. Drill, ruler, brush, sand paper, hammer, and optional elec. Saw and router.
- I firstly remove all the screws that were holding the chair rigid and soon I came to a problem where I couldnt remove some screws so I had to use my saw to do the job.
- After that the leg came out nicely but there were again 4 screws that literally didn't want to come off the wood.
- The leg was pretty weak so I just clamp it up and break it.
Step 2: Measuring, Cutting + Router
- Then I mark the wood and cut it to a desire length. You can use hand saw or elec. Saw it is up to you.
- Previous leg had a 45 ° angle cut on both sides and a 1 cm groove at the bottom for which I used my router.
- one of the legs had a groove in the middle, so I do that with a help of a router and a large drill bit.
- I sand all the edges and the last thing to do was another groove in the middle of the leg.
Step 3: Assembling
- I assembled everything back with a new screws and drilled some new holes near the the old ones that still had broken screws in.
- And that is pretty much all we need to do, The last thing was to paint the leg multiple times and let the paint a few hours between to dry before applying the new layer.
Step 4: Before/after Picture
- Here we go, It took me about 3-4 hours to do everything including going to the local home improvement store. The before and after picture is amaizing and I challange you to fix your broken stuff instead of buying the new ones.
I also made a video tutorial, so if you are interested please click the link below.
Contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Participated in the
Wood Contest 2016