Introduction: Full Body Quarantine Workout
Hey guys and gals, I'm sure if you're like me and frequent the gym on a daily basis, or tried getting into a routine, then recent virus has made it a bit tough to keep up with your goals. I have been fortunate enough to have a full gym at work, but only able to use it 2x a week so I have created a short routine to help fill in the gaps. It will require a few items as it relies on bands, but it wont take up much space, or cost an arm and a leg.
Step 1: First Muscle Group- Biceps
Single Arm Bicep Curls- 4 sets of 8 reps each arm
- While preforming, try and keep shoulders from rolling forward.
- Lock the elbow into you side when raising your arm, and rotate your wrists away from you.
- The big part for this is to really focus on the muscle contraction for each bicep
Elevated Bicep Curls- 4 sets of 8 reps each arm
- Set bands to shoulder height when arms are extended
- While contracting the muscle, try and rotate your pinky finger towards your bicep.
"Barbell" Curl- 4 sets of 12 reps
- Like the single arm curl, focus on contraction and the top.
- Slowly lower, but don't come to a complete rest and keep slight tension on the muscle at the bottom.
- Perform a final rep to failure.
Step 2: Muscle Group 2- Triceps
For these exercises, you'll need to anchor the the bands to the door.
Triceps Pull down- 4 sets of 10-12 reps.
- Take a step back and lean forward at the hips.
- When in the top position bring your hands together, and when bringing them down, separate them bring them to full extension next your hips.
Overhead Triceps Extension- 4 sets of 10-12 reps
- Get into a position where the band will move in a straight path.
- When preforming the extension, focus on keeps the elbows in place and flexing the triceps at full extension.
Close Grip Push-Ups
Step 3: Muscle Group 3- Shoulders
Frontal Raises- 3 sets of 10 reps
- Stand with feet about shoulder-width apart.
- Bring hands across the thighs horizontally, palms facing back toward the thighs.
- Bring the shoulders back the entire time, making sure to pinch the middle of the upper back together.
Banded Shoulder Press-3 sets of 10 reps
- Easier to perform seated when using bands.
- Keep the hands and band in front of the shoulders when pressing up.
Step 4: Muscle Group 4-Chest
Low Cable Chest Fly- 4 sets of 8 reps
- Bring one arm to your side when a slight bend in the elbow.
- When raising the arm, glide the bicep against your chest with the motion ending when the hand crosses the the midpoint of your body.
- Focus on the contraction of your deltoid and inner chest.
Banded Push Up- 4 sets of 12 reps
- Run the band across you back and put your thumbs through the band loops.
- Assume a comfortable pushup position and focus on squeezing your chest together.
Chest Fly- 4 sets of 8 reps
Run the band across you back and put your thumbs through the band loops.
Place your back against a wall and bring your shoulders back pinching your shoulder blades together.
- Push your hands forwards bringing together.
Step 5: Exersise 5- Back and Legs
Banded squats-5 sets of 12 reps
Alternating Lunges- 3 sets of alternating reps until failure.
Wide Grip Pullup-5 sets of maximum reps.
Second Prize in the
Exercise Speed Challenge