Introduction: Getting Started With SkiiiD Editor
skiiiD Editor, Development Board Firmware IDE
skiiiD Editor is based on skiiiD(Firmware Development Engine). Now, it is compatible with Arduino UNO, MEGA, and NANO with 70+ components.
macOS / Windows
How to Install
Visit Website https://skiiid.io to download client
Step 1: Create Project: Start Page
You will see the start page when you launch skiiiD. In this page, you can create or open a project and select your board.
Step 2: Create Project: Board Select
Step1. Select new button on the left-upper side of start page or press ctrl+N.
Step2. Select a board to start a project.
Step 3: Add Components
In order to develop firmware you need to select components.
Step1. Click Plus '+' button On right side of client
Step 4: Add Components: Component Selection
Step2. Select components from the provided lists
Component libraries will be updated constantly. Please visit Request Library Page for requesting components.
Step 5: Add Components: Component Detail Page
Step3. When click a component, configure pins, check funcitions and further information about the component.
Step4. Click Add button right below of the window.
Step 6: Add Components: Connection Alert Feature
Make sure all component signs are green. If the dot color is yellow, other component already use the pin.
Step 7: Add Components: Component Added
Step 8: Add Components: Essential Code Auto Filled
Step5. Essential Code to implement component's function is auto-filled.
Step 9: Code Auto-Complete
If a component is properly added, write component name. Available functions(preset code) are listed on editor.
The code is created by skiiiD team. For further information please visit skiiiD Libraries Page
Step 10: Miscellaneous
Find and Replace Feature
Press ctrl+F for find and replace panel. It is available to find a word and replace it.
Keyboard Shortcut (In the parenthesis = macOS)
ctrl+X (CMD+x) Cut highlighted text
ctrl+C (CMD+C) Copy highlighted text
ctrl+V (CMD+V) Paste highlighted text
ctrl+A (CMD+A) Select all text
ctrl+F (CMD+F) Open find and replace panel
ctrl+SPACE (CMD+SPACE) Open auto-complete list
ctrl+K (CMD+K) Fold / Unfold
ctrl+Shift+K (CMD+Shift+K) Fold / Unfold all
P.S. This is beta version and it is free now. We are working on components and boards libraries. Feel free to use it and welcome to feedback.
email : email@example.com or visit https://skiiid.io/contact/ and Fill out Need help tab.
Step 11: Release Notes
October 16, 2019 (v0.1.11)
- Stabilized the process about resource download.
October 10, 2019 (v0.1.10)
- Fixed the bug that skiiiD was not working right after auto-update.
October 07, 2019 (v0.1.9)
- Added the Neopixel module's library for Maker Faire Seoul 2019
- Improved the UX about auto-complete.
September 25, 2019 (v0.1.8)
- Supported the multi-language for library's tooltip(English, Korean).
- Added the sub function that display parameters to auto-complete.
August 30, 2019 (v0.1.7)
- Supported the new board(Arduino Nano).
August 22, 2019 (v0.1.6)
- Modified the process of pin recommendation and setting.
August 05, 2019 (v0.1.5)
- Supported the mac version.Modified the process for serial port.
- Moved the cursor into loop function when new project.
- Added the board change function.
June 05, 2019 (v0.1.4)
- Segment module didn't display the zero number.
- Modified the typo and UI.
May 31, 2019 (v0.1.3)
- Project was empty when new project without board select.
- Servo Motor
May 29, 2019 (v0.1.2)
- Tooltip didn't disappear sometimes.
- Gyroscope Module (MPU6050)
May 17, 2019 (v0.1.1)
- Error occurred when compile the dot-matrix module.
May 17, 2019 (v0.1.0)