Introduction: Ginger Snaps.
My mom taught me how to make these family favourites. This recipe is done all in one bowl, so they are quick to make. These cookies are great for snacking, bake sales and freezes great.
This recipe makes 3 dozen cookies.
2/3 cup Vegetable Oil
1 cup White Sugar
1/4 cup Molasses
2 cups of White Flour
2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp powered Ginger
* 1/3 cup of White Sugar - to roll the cookies in
Step 1: Your Tools.
1. 1 cup glass measurement (This is to measure out the oil)
2. 1 cup measurement
3. 1 tsp measurement
4. Large bowl
5. Large wooden spoon
7. Small cookie scoop ( if you don’t have this tool no worries, use 1 TBSP measurement instead)
8. Baking sheets
9. Small plate
11. Oven Mitts
12. Cooling rack
Step 2: Let’s Create!
1. Preheat your oven to 350*F
2. *Before we begin, it is important to remember to use a wet measuring cup to measure out ingredients like oil and molasses. Although you will get nearly the same measurement, the wet measuring cup allows you to pour the ingredient. The dry measuring cups are so you can level off the ingredient.
3. Using your 1 cup glass measure, fill it up with vegetable oil to the 2/3 cup mark.
4. Using a large bowl, pour your oil into the bowl
5. Add the sugar and egg to the oil, stir
6. Once the sugar, egg and oil are mixed together
7. Using your 1 cup glass measure again, fill it with molasses to the 1/4 cup mark.
8. Using a spatula, add the molasses to the sugar mixture.
9. Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and ginger. Stir well
Step 3: Let’s Shape Some Cookies.
1. Grab your small cookie scoop (or a 1 TBSP measurement)
2. Use the scoop to portion out your dough and space evenly onto a baking sheet.
3. Pour the 1/3 cup of white sugar onto a small plate.
4. Once your baking sheet is filled, take each ball of dough, roll it between your palms, then dip the top into the sugar.
5. Place the rolled cookie back onto the baking sheet, sugar side up.
Step 4: Bake Time!
1. Check that your oven is is heated to 350*F,
2. Carefully place one baking sheet on the middle rack. Do not place baking sheets right above each other, they block the heat and the cookies do not bake evenly.
3. Bake for 12-14 minutes. (Depending where you live in the world).
4. Your cookies will appear baked once they look golden brown and their tops are cracked.
Step 5: Your Delicious Reward.
1. Once your cookies are baked, carefully remove the baking sheet from the oven using your oven mitts.
2. Remember, cookies continue to bake once they are out of the oven for up to a minute.
3. Using your flipper, carefully remove the cookies and place them onto the cooling rack.
4. Allow them to cool down before you enjoy them.
5. They taste great on their own or with a glass of milk. Enjoy!
1 Person Made This Project!
- manonpta made it!