Introduction: Gluten Free Crepes (sugar Free and Dairy Free)
Hi everyone! Today I bring you a very versatile recipe! One of my sisters is gluten, lactose, fructose and sorbitol intolerant, so this crepes are a staple in our kitchen! You can make them sweet or savory, and they go well with everything! Also, these are super (like super SUPER) quick to make. I hope you enjoy them!
Step 1: The Recipe!
The recipe calls for the following ingredients to make about 8-10 crepes:
- 3tbsp white rice flour
- 1tbsp glutinous rice flour (sweet rice flour)
- 2 eggs
- 1c of Gluten free oat drink (or any other vegetable drink)
- 3tbsp of dextrose or rice syrup (if you want them sweet; also add 1 vanilla bean scraped)
- A pinch of salt
You will also need:
- A small frying pan
- Vegetable oil
- A mixing bowl
Follow this steps and you will be good to go!
- First, in the mixing bowl, whisk together the rice flour, glutinous rice flour and salt (and dextrose/rice syrup if you make the crepes sweet). Then, add the eggs and mix until combined. Gradually add in the and oat drink, stirring to combine. Make sure there are no lumps of dry ingredients remaining.
- Heat the lightly oiled frying pan over medium heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the pan, using approximately 1/4 cup for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly. Then, cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side. Every time you make a new crepe, you must add a dot of olive oil onto the frying pan to avoid the crepe from sticking.
And that's it! Was it simple, wasn't it? I hope you like this super versatile recipe! And Thank you for reading!
Runner Up in the
Gluten Free Challenge 2017