Introduction: Golibaje | Mangaluru Bajji
In this Instructable, I help you make a popular South Indian snack Golibaje or Mangaluru Bajji. It is served hot along with coconut chutney or ketchup. Let's get started!
Step 1: Ingredients
- Maida / All purpose flour - 1 cup
- Curd - 1/2 cup
- Salt - 1/4 tsp.
- Baking soda - 1 pinch
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Corriander leaves
- Ginger - 1 inch
- Green chilly - 2
- Refined oil for deep frying
Step 2: Prepare the Batter
- Chop ginger, chilly, curry, and coriander leaves finely
- Mix all the ingredients well for about five minutes to form a soft batter. Add additional curd/flour if necessary to maintain consistency.
- After this step, cover the batter with cheesecloth and rest it for 2-3 hours for fermentation.
Step 3: Deep Fry
- In a frying pan, heat oil at medium flame
- Quickly mix the batter once again
- By dropping a pinch of batter make sure that the oil is ready to fry
- With a spoon or bare hands make small balls of batter and drop them in the oil carefully
- Stir occasionally to ensure uniform cooking
- Wait until the color turns golden brown and oil bubbles disappear
- The Golibajes are now ready!
Step 4: Ready to Eat
Serve hot Golibaje with coconut chutney. Hot tea goes well with it.
Participated in the
Comfort Food Challenge