Introduction: Grow Case - Plants Not Books
Repurposed your bookshelf For indoor plants.
Step 1: Gather Materials
Materials you'll need:
- Bookshelf (Free on Craigslist)
- Drill bits
- LED grow light strips [[http://a.co/d/eQEFHPi]] ($15.99)
Step 2: Measuring and Attaching LEDs
- Remove shelves that are not connected to the bookcase
- On the back of the shelf, measure and mark out 3 inches from the back of each shelve (helps if you decide to add a second strip later)
- Use a drill bit larger than the strip to drill a hole. I used 1 inch from the sides
- One shelve is attached to the bookcase, mark and drill hole from the top to prevent splintering.
- Remove adhesive protective strip and attached to the underside of the shelve.
- Use plastic clips to secure the LED strips.
- Snake the LED strip through all the holes.
**NOTE** The adhesive on my LED strip was garbage, but the plastic clips helped secure the LEDs
Step 3: Finishing Up and Cleanup
- Once the LED is fished through the bookcase, plug it into the transformer and plug the transformer into the outlet.
- Lights up!
- Use dustpan, broom, and hand vacuum to clean up sawdust.
- Place plants
**NOTE** Plants on the bottom seem to get neglected, please place drought-resilient plants on the bottom. :D