Introduction: Hong Kong Style Sirloin Tip Steak
If you like your steak well-done but still want something that is easier to chew than rubber band, then this HK style steak may just be the right recipe for you! Marinated with shallot and DIY HK style marinade, this steak will for sure give a long lasting impression of exploding flavor too!
Step 1: Ingredients
- Sirloin tip steak
- oyster sauce
- soy sauce
Step 2: Preparing the Beef
- Start by removing any excess ligaments on the meat, and cut into serving sizes
- pound and flatten the meat with a tenderizer
- using a sharp knife, lightly carve orthogonal lines across the steak, do this for both sides.
Step 3: Marinating
- Finely dice 2 shallots or 1/2 onion
- add shallot to meat, along with 2 tbsp oyster sauce, 2 tbsp soy sauce, black pepper, cumin, and salt.
- rub in the marinade on both sides of the steak
- marinate for 15 minutes.
Step 4: Cooking the Steak
- After marinating, scrape off the marinade and set it aside (don't throw it out yet)
- In a hot pan, at high heat, add 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- place in steak and quickly brown both sides
- cook until the steak is well done, flip sides frequently to prevent burning.
Step 5: Cooking the Marinade
- Remove steak from pan, and scrape away chard pieces in the pan
- add 1 tbsp oil and pour in the marinade
- saute well, deglaze with cooking wine
Step 6: Finishing Up
- Cut steak into byte size pieces
- place into serving plate
- place some marinade topping on the steak
- add a pinch of chopped cilantro
- serve while hot
Participated in the
Makerspace Contest 2017