Introduction: How to Decoupage With Paper Napkins
Decoupaging with napkins is an easy DIY project that doesn’t require any special tools.
It can be a great activity for kids or an opportunity to upgrade any article you want: A jar, A vase, A candle-holder or A box.
You can buy a cheap, simple jar for example and in a short time and not so much effort- make it a beautiful, decorated jar.
Step 1: Materials Needed for Decoupaging With Napkins
1. Decorated napkin. (You can buy it at the supermarket\ party shop \ art shop).
2. The article you would like to decorate- A jar, vase, box, etc.
4. Glue (It could be napkins glue\glass glue if you do it on glass\wood glue if you decorate wood).
Step 2: Preparing Decoupage Napkins
Separate all layers of the napkin until you have just one layer. Then, keep the top layer (the one with the decorations on it).
Notice: some napkins will have 2 or 3 layers- make sure you stay only with the top layer, it's crucial.
Step 3: Spreading Glue on the Article
Brush a small amount of glue on the whole article.
Notice: Don’t put too much glue- the decoupage is very thin and when doing the next step, it can be ripped.
Step 4: The Crucial Step- Placing the Napkin
Slowly smooth the napkin over the article- Some people like the texture of a few creases but the main idea is to keep napkin as stretched as we can.
- When you get to where the edges meet- Cut off the extra napkin (Try not to get too much overlap).
- If you have extra napkin on the top, just cut it off and apply some glue to secure it down.
Step 5: Sealing Decoupage Decor
Apply one more layer of glue over the decoupage you just placed on the article.
Step 6: Drying Time
Wait for two hours until it dries.