Introduction: How to Make Miso Honey Wings
Looking for a great wing recipe for your Super Bowl Party or any occasion for that matter. Then give these, Miso and Honey wings a try. They are a great blend of sweet and savory!
Step 1: Ingredients
2-3 lbs of organic chicken wings or wingettes (clean and dry them and place in a large bowl)
1/2 C of honey
1/3 C Organic Miso Paste ( I used Miso Master’s Organic Yellow Miso or you can use their Organic Chickpea Miso)
1 tsp Amino Acid or low sodium soy sauce (I use Bragg Amino Acid Liquid)
Herbs and spice (* combine the following in a small bowl and mix to evenly combine)
1 tsp organic granulated garlic powder and granulated onion powder
1/2 tsp of organic ground ginger and black pepper
Avocado Oil (or any other oil than can be cooked at a temp of 450°or higher)
Step 2: Method
1. Preheat oven to 450°
2. Line a baking sheet or 2 with parchment (for easy clean up)
3. In a large bowl add your honey, miso, and amino acid. Stir until smooth and combined and set aside for now. 4. Add your herbs and spices to the chicken, toss to evenly coat each piece evenly.
5. Place your chicken on the baking sheet(s) making sure they are not touching and have enough space. Drizzle a bit of oil over the wings ( we want to get a nice crisp skin on the chicken.)
6. Bake in your 450° preheated oven, for 35-40 minutes. Your chicken should be golden brown.
7. Once the chicken is cooked through and golden, remove it from the oven and add the chicken in the miso and honey sauce bowl. Toss the wings to get them evenly coated with the sauce.
8. Place the wing back onto the baking sheets and place them back into the oven for 2-3 minutes to let the sauce thoroughly adhere to the chicken.
9. Remove from the oven. Allow to cool and enjoy!
Step 3: Finished Product and More Wing Options
Participated in the
Rainy Day Challenge