Introduction: How to Make Soft Chapati at Home?
4 Easy steps to make delicious soft chapati at home
Chapati is one of the most popular food items which we eat almost on a regular basis with different types of veg and non-veg curries.
Today, we are going to reveal the secret of soft chapatti preparation.
Let’s get started!
Step 1: Required Ingredients
Preparing soft chapati at home is not hard if you know proper ingredients.
Below are a few things you must need to make soft delicious chapatti.
- Wheat flour or Atta - 1 cup
- Curd - 1 tnsp
- Water-1/3 cup
- Sunflower oil - 1 tbsp
- Salt -1/4 tbsp
Note: oil or cow ghee for brushing.
1 cup= 250 ml
You can use cow ghee instead of oil for experiencing an awesome taste.
Step 2: How to Make Dough
The dough is the most important thing to make the chapati
- At first, take a medium to big size bowl.
- After that measure the flour or atta and take it into the bowl.
- Now, add curd and oil to the flour or atta.
- Don’t forget to add salt in this mixture.
- Now, mix everything so that curd and oil mix well with flour or atta.
- After this, add water and make it a soft dough. Make sure your dough is not sticky.
- Press the dough for at least 5 to 8 minutes in a hard surface.
- Last but not the least; keep the dough covered for 20 to 30 minutes.
After 20 - 30 minutes, the dough will become soft and you can make small balls without any crack.
Step 3: How to Make Chapati
After preparing balls, sprinkle flour or atta on these and
give these thin round shape by rolling the balls. During this process, you can dust flour or atta if necessary.
- Now, go through the below interesting points.
- Take a well-conditioned non-sticky pan and place it on the oven.
- Keep the flame medium and put the chapati on the pan.
- Here you need to rotate the chapati and after a few minutes, you will see some bubbles are visible on the chapati. At that time, flip the chapati and this way you can cook both of the sides.
- And finally, spread oil or ghee whatever you prefer on both sides of the chapati.
So, that’s all!
Step 4: Serve With Delicious Curries
By following all the above steps, you can prepare mouthwatering chapatis which you can enjoy with toothsome veg or non-veg dishes.
So, what are you waiting for? Enjoy today’s lunch or dinner with delicious soft chapatis.
2 years ago
Nice tip, i will try this sunday.
2 years ago
Thanks for sharing :)