Introduction: Make a Flower Pot Photo Gift
Spring is here and so is Mother's Day! We're back with another amazing gift mom or grandma will treasure for years. All you need to do is find a flower pot and start selecting photos for your photo gift. Since our mom loves cooking, we put a Basil plant in our flower pot; however you can put just about anything you want inside.
If you like the video, please give it a thumbs up. That way we'll know you want to see more gift ideas. Oh and don't forget SUBSCRIBE!
ITEMS NEEDED TO MAKE A FLOWER POT PHOTO GIFT:
- 1 Flower Pot with Water Tray
- White Acrylic Paint and another color of your choice
- Pain Brushes
- Approximately 20 Black & White photos sized 1"w x 2"h
- Gloss Mod Podge
- 1 Bottle Cap used to make polka dots on the rim
Step 1: Watch the Video!
FOLLOW THE CRAFT FUN:
Step 1: Paint the Flower Pot & Water Tray White
Using White acrylic paint, paint the flower pot and water tray.
Step 2: Mod Podge Photos on the Flower Pot
After your photos are selected and printed. (We printed ours at FedEx Kinkos). Cut your photos and Mod Podge them in two rows around the pot. We positioned the bottom photo first and the top photo above that one.
- Alternate your photos from close up shots to far away shots to add visual interest (As shown in the video).
- We printed our photos in Black & White because the photos were taken at different times of the year and with different cameras. Printing them all in Black & White made them more uniform in appearance. Feel free to use color though!
Step 3: Protect Your Photos
With all your photos applied, paint a layer of Mod Podge Gloss over all the photos to protect them from moisture.
Step 4: Decorate the Flower Pot Rim
Embellish the rim of your flower pot. We used a small bottle cap dipped in Pink paint and applied polka dots around the edge. Feel free to improvise. Hot glue a ribbon around the edge, decoupage scrapbook paper or paint stripes.
Step 5: Put a Plant or Flower in Your Pot
Put your favorite herb or flower inside the Photo Flower Pot Gift.
Participated in the
Gardening Contest 2017