Introduction: How to Make a Powerful Vacuum Cleaner
Today, Vacuum cleaner is the most useful and a very common household cleaning tool that uses a suction mechanism to clean the dirt. In this Instructable, we will learn how to make a powerful vacuum cleaner at home using a powerful high rpm 12v DC motor, a plastic bottle and a propeller. This vacuum cleaner is equipped with a separate dust container and since it is equipped with a plastic dust collector, it can also be modified to work as a Wet & Dry vacuum cleaner.
Step 1: Watch the Video
Visually detailed instructions is a best way to understand a "How To" project. This video will clearly show How to make a powerful vacuum cleaner easily at home. However, also make sure to visit step 2 for additional details and images.
Step 2: Order Parts: Components
- High RPM motor - http://amzn.to/2mVUXo2
- 12v Adapter - http://amzn.to/2ndd7Ol
- Araldite Adhesive - http://amzn.to/2tt0YbR
- DC adapter Jack - http://amzn.to/2rUT1du
- High RPM motor - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/...
- 12v Adapter - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1...
- Araldite Adhesive - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/...
- DC adapter Jack - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1...
- High RPM motor - http://amzn.to/2m0Gmng
- 12v Adapter - http://amzn.to/2ncShOY
- Araldite Adhesive - http://amzn.to/2n4Io6Q
- DC adapter Jack - http://amzn.to/2spK5Aq
From Home & Local store: 2x Plastic Bottles (1x Big Bottle & 1x Small Bottle ), Thin metal sheet, Plastic spiral conduit.
Step 3: Procedure: Make Dust Collector
1. Take a small plastic bottle and make a hole in the bottle cap, such that it looks like a ring.
2. Using Hot needle or soldering iron tip, make few holes in the bottle neck.
3. Close the bottle tightly.
4. Take the large bottle and using a knife cut it into two pieces from the neck.
5. Using Araldite adhesive, paste the smaller bottle inside the neck of the large plastic bottle, such that the small bottle can be easily removed by unscrewing the bottle cap.
Note: In case of any doubts, make sure to watch the video to see how its done.
6. Also, attach a spiral conduit at the mouth of the large bottle. This conduit will be used as a pathway to suck dust.
Step 4: Procedure: Make Propeller Mechanism
- Draw a circle equal to the diameter of the large bottle on a thin metal sheet.
- Cut the circle using metal cutting scissors and then draw a small concentric circle near the centre.
- Mark a line passing through the centre and using the line as reference, make 8 lines, each at an angle of 45 degrees (refer to the uploaded image).
- Cut the sheet along the marked lines to make 8 sectors.
- Bend each sector equally to make a propeller as shown in the image and also drill a hole in the centre.
- Take a high rpm DC motor and attach the propeller to the motor shaft.
- Take the cap of the large bottle and make a hole at the side of the bottle cap.
- Fix the motor to the bottle cap and secure it with hot glue.
Step 5: Procedure: Make Vacuum Cleaner Body
- Make few holes at the base of the half cut large bottle to act as output to air.
- Apply adhesive at the base of the bottle and fix the motor propeller mechanism at the centre of the base.
- Connect a DC adapter jack to the motor wires and attach it to the bottle using hot glue.
- Fix both the bottle pieces together and finalize the product with creative designing.
Step 6: Test the Device
Our Homemade powerful Vacuum cleaner is now ready. Connect a 12v adapter to the DC jack and turn On the switch to test the device. The Vacuum cleaner works really well.
So Friends, this here concludes the instructable. Do come back soon for new ones or Follow to receive regular updates. In case you might have missed, have a look at the video and see how I made a powerful vacuum Cleaner at home.
Make this amazing gadget yourself and contact us or share your experiences on our facebook page, twitter and instagram. You can also SUBSCRIBE to our Youtube Channel GOODTECH - Creativity And Science, where i frequently post new and creative content.
Thanks For Your Support..!!
2 years ago
1. What if i don't make holes in the small bottle inside?
2.Can i you it to collect dust also.
Because i'm thinking of using it in making a floor cleaning robot using arduino.
Reply 2 years ago
The holes at the back is to create the exhaust breather for the system. If you want to enclose into an robotic package using Arduino make it in a way that you chanelize the exhaust out with a filtration system which allows air out but holds your dust in.... wishes on your project's success
Reply 12 months ago
Yes I contain one hole of bottels
Question 1 year ago on Introduction
Can I use micro magnetic motor instead of DC motor??
Question 2 years ago
is it rechargeable ? Or should you change the motor from time to time? If any of these options are available can you make a post or a video about it? If neither of these are possible, how long will it last?
4 years ago
cool looks fun is it able to be battery operated
Reply 4 years ago
Thanks...yes it can be powered by a battery. 18650 li-ion batteries provide good power but operating time & battery charging will be an issue. However, a charging circuit can also be made.
Reply 4 years ago
Reply 4 years ago
Thanks...you are welcome..:)