Introduction: How to Make a Simple Caribbean Chicken Soup
“A simple Caribbean soup would turn a bad day into a better day!” On the Caribbean island when people are sick the first thing, they offer is chicken soup. People are likely losing appetite to eat when they are sick. A bold of soup is the only thing that brings back the appetite and strength. Not only that but a simple soup could give multi satisfactions.
The basic steps to make a pot of soup for four people:
Step 1: Collect All the Ingredient and Tools
- A pot of 5qt to cook the soup in.
- Knife to chop the vegetable
- Cooking spoon/teaspoon
- ladle to serve the soup and steering
- bowl to pour the soup in
- plate to put the bowl on
- ½ of Celery branch
- ½ of a large carrot
- 1 big potato
- ¼ of an onion
- ¼ of a green pepper
- 1 maize long or ½ cup of a canned corn
- 1 teaspoon of the brand Knorr-Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1 envelop of the brand Lipton (Noodle Soup)-Soup Mix with real Chicken Flavor Broth ·
- 4 Chicken legs -Wings/goats/fish/Marsico mix/beef (You could replace chicken legs with any of this meat. The steps will be the same)
Step 2: Prepare the Chicken
- Rinse. Remove the skin of the chicken legs. Let the chick sit in the water with lime, 1 teaspoon of salt, and vegetable vinegar for 30 minutes. This task would help with the bad smell of the chicken and kill the bacteria. It also helps the chicken blood stop running.
- Add the first ingredients. Poor 1.5L water into the pot. Add 1 teaspoon of chicken flavor bouillon into the pot.
- Stove temperature level. Put the pot on the stove at medium-high.
Step 3: Skim the Water
- Scope. When the chicken is boiling, a dark grey/brown substance will appear on the water. Skim the dark grey/brown substance frequently.
Step 4: Add Hard Vegetables and Spices
- Add the vegetables that take more time to cook. Let the vegetable cook until it can be medium chewable (Not all the way because during the other steps it continues to be chewable otherwise it will fall apart). Check it with a fork.
- Potato. Slice one big potato in dice.
- Long Maize. Only if not using the cans one. Slice the maize in slices.
- Carrot. Slice the carrots in slices.
- Optional vegetables. Pumpkin, plantain, yucca, or sweet potato. If you want to add these vegetables to cut them in dice.
Step 5: Add the Other Vegetables
- Add the rest vegetables. The reason we add these vegetables to add step-6 is that they cook fast. Add onion, green pepper, celery, and corn (only if the regular canned one).
Step 6: Let It Cooks for 10 Minutes
- after a few minutes check if everything is chewable.
Step 7: Serve and Present the Chicken Soup
- Serve each bowl with one chicken leg.
- Serve the amount of soup desired
- Add any type of bread desired