Introduction: How to Make a Simple Pizza Dough
Here is how to make an easy pizza dough. Enjoy!
Step 1: Gather Your Ingredients and Supplies
Supplies you will need to make a pizza dough:
4 Cups - All Purpose Flour
1.5 Cups Warm Water
1 Tablespoon Dry Active Yeast
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Sugar
1 Large Mixing Bowl
1 - 2 C. measuring cup
1 set of measuring cups and spoons
1 wooden spoon to mix or using your hands is fine (hands are your best tools)
1 Kitchen towel
Step 2: Have a Clean and Prepared Your Workstation
Have your ingredients, measuring cups and mixing bowl at your workstation.
The recipe needs to have exact measurements on each step.
Step 3: Coat Large Mixing Bowl With Cooking Spray
Step 4: Combine Warm Water and Sugar
In the 2-Cup measuring cup mix warm water and sugar with a fork.
- 1.5 Cups Warm Water
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
Step 5: Combine Yeast With Water/Sugar Mixture
Mix dry active yeast into your water and sugar mixture. Stir with fork for a few seconds.
- 1 Tablespoon Dry Active Yeast
Let mixture sit. The mixture should make bubbles letting you know the yeast is activating.
Step 6: Let Yeast Mixture Sit for at Least One Minute. Move on to Step 7.
Step 7: Add Flour Into Large Mixing Bowl, Whisk in Salt With a Fork
- 4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
Step 8: Combine Wet and Dry Ingredients
- Combine your wet yeast mixture into the large mixing bowl with your flour mixture
- Mix well by hand or with a wooden spoon
- Dough should start pulling away from the side of the bowl
- If dough is too dry and not coming together you can add a little water at a time to form dough.
Step 9: Form Dough Into a Ball and Leave in Mixing Bowl
- Use your hands to shape the dough into a ball.
- Dust your hands with flour to prevent dough from sticking to them.
Step 10: Cover Your Dough Ball With a Towel and Let Rise
- Let dough rise for 2 hours for best results.
- The dough should double in size.