Introduction: How to Make an Amazing Teriyaki Burger
This is how to make the best teriyaki burger ever known to mankind. Before you begin this culinary quest, gather the following ingredients.
1 lb of 90/10 or 92/8 ground beef
1 tsp Kikkoman Soy Sauce
2 1/2 tbsp Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce
1/2 tbsp of Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp of Crushed Red Pepper or Cayenne
Italian flavored Bread Crumbs
1 can pineapple slices
4 hamburger buns of your favorite variety
Pepper Jack Cheese in slices
Your favorite barbeque sauce (I recommend Sweet Baby Ray's)
Step 1: Prep the Onions
1. Chop onions to small bits as shown in picture.
2. Put a little bit of olive oil in a hot skillet.
3. Add chopped onions and saute until golden brown in color.
4. Once completed, put onions in another container and wipe down skillet.
Step 2: Prep the Meat
1. In a large mixing bowl, add the Kikkoman sauces, garlic powder, cayenne powder, and egg to the ground beef.
2. Using your hands, mix the ground beef with the sauces, spices, and egg. Add the bread crumbs until the mixture is just barely able to hold together easily.
3. Form patties with your hands, approximately 4 patties per pound of ground beef
4. If desired, freeze any patties not to be cooked that day.
Step 3: Cooking the Meat
1. Over low heat, add the patty to the skillet.
2. While cooking, occasionally add a dash of Kikkoman Teriyaki sauce to enhance flavor of burger.
3. Keep an eye on the hamburger while browning to not overcook. With high quality beef like 90/10 or 92/8, the easiest way to ruin it is to overcook.
4. When burger is almost cooked to desired level, add pepper jack cheese slice to the top of patty.
Step 4: Assemble the Burger
Assembly is often overlooked, but remember that the eye feasts before the stomach does.
Recommended assembly is the following, from the bottom up.
Bottom part of bun
Pepper Jack cheese
1 slice of pineapple
Top part of Bun
This should look approximately like the picture