Introduction: How to Mold Chocolate Pralines
Chocolate pralines are a great gift and even more so if you make them yourself!
I'm going to show you how to mold chocolate pralines at home and I'll also give you a few tips for the filling. It's quite easy and so cool, because you can literally make a filling that cannot be bought;)
Step 1: Ingredients and Tools
You will need (for about 10 pralines):
- 100g of dark chocolate (with high cacao content) - silicone ice mold - kitchen brush - for the filling: chocolate, grated coconut, sour cherries in rum, fruit, almonds...
Step 2: Fillings
Let's start by preparing the fillings. You can make your own or get inspired by mine:
1. Almonds in chocolate: Chop some unsalted almonds fine, melt some chocolate and mix both ingredients. (picture 1)
2. Fruit: Cut any kind of fruit in small pieces. Banana tastes really great in combination with chocolate.
3. Sour cherries in rum: If you have some sour cherries in rum, this is a great way of using them! (picture 2)
4. Rum filling: Melt about 20g of chocolate, add 2 tbsp of grated coconut and a spoon of rum. Mix well. (picture 3)
Step 3: Make the Pralines
And now for the pralines:
Melt the chocolate in water bath. (picture 1)
Don't pour the chocolate in the mold. Put the brush in the chocolate and brush the bottom and sides of the mold. Let the chocolate sit and then harden at least 10 minutes in the fridge. When you take it out, you can probably see that the chocolate layer is still pretty thin in some spots, so apply a second layer of chocolate. Let it harden in the fridge again. (picture 2)
When the chocolate is hard, fill each mold with one filling. (picture 3)
Take the rest of the melted chocolate and pour it over the filling. Use a spatula to even the chocolate - the future bottom of each praline. Let the chocolate harden in the fridge again. (picture 4)
Take the pralines out and if there are bigger pieces of chocolate still attached to the bottom of the pralines, cut them off with a knife.
Enjoy your homemade pralines! (as well as some more photos)
You will probably need some box to put the pralines in. Well you are in the right place because I have for you an instructable on How to make a Chocolate Box!
Participated in the