Introduction: IOT123 - ASSIMILATE ACTOR: KY019
It is with 5V TIL control signal which can control DC / AC signal.
ASSIMILATE ACTORS/SENSORS are environment actors/sensors that have an added hardware and software abstraction layer, making it possible for completely new types to be added to a ASSIMILATE IOT HUB and the readings be pumped to a MQTT server without added coding.
This ASSIMILATE ACTORS, and has one read/write property:
Step 1: Materials and Tools
Step 2: Assembly
Follow the build instructions on IOT123 - I2C KY019 BRICK. Leave the KY-019 relay detached from the circuit.
The following colors are only used to help with the instruction.
- Remove the 3P male header from the KY-019.
- On the front of the KY-019, insert a yellow wire into "S" and solder.
- On the front of the KY-019, insert a red wire into "+" and solder.
- On the front of the KY-019, insert a black wire into "-" and solder.
- On the rear of the BRICK, solder the other end of the yellow wire into YELLOW1.
- On the rear of the BRICK, solder the other end of the red wire into RED1.
- On the rear of the BRICK, solder the other end of the black wire into BLACK1.
- Insert the BRICK into the 3D Printed base grooves, with the 90° pins lining up with the voids.
- Turn over and press top of brick onto hard surface.
- If the top of the BRICK and the base are not aligned, remove the BRICK and clean up any filament that may be stopping the alignment and retry.
- When level, fasten the 20mm screw into the lower hole attaching the BRICK to the base.
- Insert the relay into the 3D printed lid; the 3D printed tabs may need light filing depending on the print tolerance.
- Fasten relay to lid with 10mm screws.
- Tuck excess wire behind rear of BRICK, and join 3D printed parts, aligning tab holes.
- Fasten 10mm screws through tab holes.
Step 3: Testing
The testing (at this stage) can be the same as the underlying BRICK.
Just connect the jumper wires to the same pins on the underside of the ASSIMILATE SENSOR.
Step 4: Next Steps
Check out these related builds.