Introduction: Lion King - Light Shadow Box
Not a big story for this instructable, wanted to do this for a long time. I've very bad drawing skills so had to find a easier way...
Step 1: Materials Required
- The Image - Anything with depth from Google Images
- A Computer
- Adobe Illustrator
- Basic Illustrator Skills
- Thick paper 170 GSM is good
- Foam board
- Utility Knife
- Precision knife
- Super Glue
- Led Strip Light - Color is your choice
- Power supply for lights
- Patience - It didn't happen at the first try
Step 2: Breaking Down the Image
- Open Illustrator
- Create a new document
- Set Canvas size, I'm using A4
- Drag and Drop the Images
- Start tracing using the pen tool, this maybe time consuming depending on the image.
- Try visualizing the image's depth, this gives the number of layers for the box.
- Continue tracing
- Export and Print
I won't be guiding the in depths of illustrator, as said earlier a little knowledge over Illustrator is required
- Have margins.
- Don't try to have complex parts on the first try.
- No small hanging parts, these become hard to support once done.
- Make sure that everything could be cut by hand.
- Before printing make sure if any clean up is required.
- Don't print on a thin paper.
I've cleaned up the tracing and attached a zip file with all layers, just download, print and start cutting.
Step 3: Print and Cut
This step is simple, start cutting the printed files, it requires a lot of patience if you tend to have plenty of detailing on your design.
I wanted to add some stars, so the rear layer is a normal A4 paper with some holes around the moon area.
As said in step 2, I've kept a 10mm border. Cut foam board into strips measuring 10mm wide.
Next is my favorite part, gluing. Glue foam board and the layers together.
Step 4: The Frame
Next thing is to make a box to hold the lights and layer stack.
Cut foam board accordingly, stick around using super glue.
Check and Stick LED strip
I made three notches, on the back and a sliding cover
Step 5: Show Time
Participated in the