Introduction: Loaded Mashed Potatoes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
Ready in 25 minutes!
Serves up to 6 people.
Step 1: Step 1: Gather Your Ingredients
What you need:
4 to 5 Potatoes
4 Tablespoons of Butter
1/2 cup of 2% Milk
1.5 teaspoons of Salt and Pepper
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/2 cup of Shredded Cheese (any variety)
1 Tablespoon of Cream Cheese
1 Tablespoon Chives, chopped (can use fresh or dried)
1/4 cup of Bacon Bites, 2 thick slices (can use packaged or make fresh)
Step 2: Step 2: Prepare Your Potatoes
- Peel all your potatoes and rinse them off. (You can keep the peel on, but make sure you wash it before chucking up.)
- Chunk your potatoes (will help them cook faster and mix better).
Step 3: Step 3: Boil Your Potatoes
- Bring a 4 quart pot filled half way up of water and a dash of salt to a boil. Add your potatoes and boil. Should take about 10 minutes.
- After use a fork to check their firmness.You want your fork to break it in half.
- Once potatoes are done boiling, strain them and place them in the mixing bowl
*As the potatoes are boiling grab a strainer, mixing bowl, hand mixer, and prepare ingredients.
Step 4: Step 4: Prepare to Mix Your Potatoes
- Add butter, milk, cream cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic powder on top of you potatoes. Blend your potatoes to you liking. Leave them chunky or blend them until their silky smooth.
Step 5: Step 5: Final Touches
- Add in cheese, bacon, and chives. Stir in until blended in.
Step 6: Step 6: Plate Your Dish
I paired my Loaded Mashed Potatoes with:
- Green Beans with a little butter, salt, and pepper
- Filet Steak with caramelized onions, salt, and pepper
Participated in the
Side Dishes Challenge