Introduction: Makey Makey Burpee Counter
Here's a fun way to keep track of your burpees during a workout: use a Makey Makey and some foil-wrapped peanut butter cups. A Scratch program counts for you and encourages you as you go.
- Makey Makey
- 2 regular alligator clips
- USB extension cable
- Scratch Burpee Counter program
Step 1: Connect Alligator Clips
- Attach one standard alligator clip to the Earth connection on the Makey Makey.
- Attach the end of that clip to one of your peanut butter cups.
- Attach a second standard alligator clip to the other peanut butter cup
- Attach the other end to the Space connection on the Makey Makey.
- Use the USB extension to connect the Makey Makey to your laptop.
Step 2: Copy Scratch Program
1. Log in to your Scratch account.
2. Open the Makey Makey Burpee Counter program.
3. Add the program to your account.
4. Click the green flag to start your program.
Step 3: Start Counting Burpees
Now you are ready to run your program. Click the green flag and every time you touch the peanut butter cups, you should hear the count increase.