Introduction: Making the Legs for the Spaceship
Step 1: Introduction
Lastly, the spaceship will need some legs to stand on when it lands on a planet. When you are finished making the legs, the spaceship will look like the image below.
Step 2: Building the Legs
- Place a Cylinder on the workplane and scale it down to 4mm on the Z axis.
- Rotate the cylinder 90 degrees on the Y axis.
- Rotate the cylinder 45 degrees counter clockwise on the Z axis.
- Make sure the Living Quarter's wings are ungrouped. Align the cylinder to the wing on the right of the door. Choose Adjust>Align and select the wing to have the cylinder move toward the wing. Center the cylinder on the X and Y axis.
- Move the cylinder up 19mm.
- Switch to the workplane tool. Choose a side of the cylinder close to the one shown.
- Place a wedge on the side chosen.
- Using the black handle, hold ALT and scale to 2mm on the Y axis.
- Using the black handle, hold ALT and scale to 8mm on the X axis.
- Switch to the Workplane tool and choose the side of the wedge.
- Use the White hand in the lower right corner and drag the point of the wedge to the ground. The ground is the line where the orange grid turns grey. Use the white handle in the upper left corner to drag the wide base of the wedge into the cylinder.
- Change the color of the cylinder and leg and group them together. Switch to the Workplane Tool and select the side shown.
- Holding Alt, move a copy to the other side of the spaceship.
- Choose Adjust>Mirror to flip the leg in the opposite direction.
- Position the camera to look down on the spaceship. With the two legs selected, hold ALT to rotate copies 90 degrees on the Z axis.
- Congratulations! You have finished building a spaceship!
Congratulations, you have completed this project!
Check out other great projects on Tinkercad.
Step 3: Congratulations!
Congratulations! You made it. Time for Lift-off!.