Introduction: Medicinal Radish Pickle
- We all know that radish have lots medicinal properties which is very beneficial for our body and is super healthy.
- It is extensively used in salads as we all know.
- It can be consumed either ways cooked or non-cooked (raw)
- In India during monsoon season radish is served with every meal and even I consume it every day with my food (but mine is little special which you will learn it)
- Please google the health benefits of Radish or just click on the link below "Benefits of Radish"
Step 1: Ingredients Required
- Mason Jar
- Purified Water
- Chili Pepper
- Fruits vinegar
- Sichuan pepper (optional)
- Mortar and pestle (optional)
- Monosodium glutamate (optional)
I use mono-sodium glutamate because it give the pickle a lovely taste and is the main ingredient that gives the taste, I love it I use it :P
- It is optional and is up-to you to use it in basis of your perspective to be in a safe side you can use it in a very small amount.
Step 2: How to Go About It
- I am sure the picture have made you understand and I am sure by now you are done preparing it :P
- Slice it up, cut the radish so that it is in coin shape not thicker than the thickness of a coin.
- Crush it up, use heavy object to crush the Sichuan pepper use 5 to 10 of it
- Mix it up, fill the Mason Jar with purified water to half and add salt and vinegar stir it up well, so the quantity of salt and vinegar depends on you. In this I have used one table spoon of salt and two table spoon of vinegar.
- Optional:- While mixing it up I put like one tea spoon of Mono-sodium glutamate this gives you the ultimate taste and essence. So it up to you to use it but I suggested you to add a little bit of it.
- Chili pepper, how this part it bit trick we need to use chili effectively. I like it spicy and hot so I have slit the chili pepper from in between and you can see in the image I have taken out the seed and if you want less spicy use the solid chili with cutting it but remember to throw away the Peduncle(stem).
- I suggest you to throw away the seeds for better understanding to know how to effectively use chili in you food click the link below.
Step 3: Storing and Consuming
- Now after mixing everything store the Pickle in refrigerator for 4 days till you notice discoloration of the radish.
- The outer skin turns to white and the water becomes light pink in the color due to discoloration of the radish skin.
- So now it is ready to be enjoyed with every meal the water taste awesome and the radish as well.
- You can always add more radish after it starts getting over once you start consuming it in the same water and keep enjoying it.
- I am sure the Western people will not like it so.
NOTE:- before and after use you should always out the lid on and keep it chilled in the refrigerator.
Enjoy the fart bomb and the season.