Introduction: Melted Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
Who doesn't like Melted Ice Cream? This is an easy cold treat to make and it doesn't last long at my house. You start with a package of Ice Cream Sandwiches and add a few more common ingredients and wow...get ready for that brain freeze...well not really. But you will get a good cold treat!
Step 1: Ingredients
9X13 pan (I used one just a little bigger because it has a lid)
1 package Ice Cream Sandwiches (my package had a dozen inside)
Medium size mixing bowl
1 package Cream Cheese (at room temp or nuke for 30 seconds)
½ cup sour cream or plain yogurt (I also use vanilla yogurt sometimes)
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ cup milk
1 package instant vanilla pudding
1 tub whipped cream (if using a pan larger than 9X13 use a large tub)
Optional—chocolate syrup, sprinkles, or other ice cream toppings that you want
Step 2: Step 1
1. Spray pan with non-stick spray lightly.
Step 3: Step 2
2. Open six of the Ice Cream Sandwiches and lay in the pan. Let them rest there awhile to get “melty.”
Step 4: Step 3
3. In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream or yogurt, powdered sugar, milk, and pudding mix. Stir to mix and then use blender to make smooth. This will be a thick mixture.
Step 5: Step 4
4. Next, press down gently on the ice cream sandwiches to fill as much of the bottom of your pan as possible.
Step 6: Step 5
5. Spoon the cream cheese mixture over the ice cream sandwiches. Spread as evenly as possible.
Step 7: Step 6
6. Unwrap the remaining ice cream sandwiches. At this point they may be so “melty” that you will have to open them with a pair of scissors. Arrange them on top of the cream cheese mixture and press down to spread them out.
Step 8: Step 7
7. Spread the tub of whipped cream over the last layer of ice cream sandwiches. Put in the freezer for an hour or two and then enjoy. Keep any leftovers in the freezer—if you have any!
Step 9: Enjoy! (plus Optional Toppings)
Optional: Decorate the cake with chocolate syrup, sprinkles, or any other topping that you desire!
Participated in the
Frozen Treats Contest