Introduction: Mexican Beef Stew in a Slow Cooker
Mexican Beef Stew is one of my favorite dishes to start in the morning and leave in the slow cooker all day. Simple to make, spicy, and tasty, it offers a great foundation for customizing to suit individual tastes. This version includes bomba rice and hot sauce - my favorites.
- 2 1/2 pounds of beef stew meat (cubed)
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- 1 can southwestern style canned corn
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- Ample amounts of your favorite hot sauce (mine is Livingston Parish from Amberfyre)
Follow me on Instagram - @therealcoffeedude
Step 1: Slow and Low
Add the beef, pepper, onion, tomatoes, and chili powder to your slow cooker and cook on low for 6 to 6 1/2 hours.
Step 2: Bomba Time!
After 6 to 6 1/2 hours, estimate the amount of liquid present and add enough rice for a 2:1 ratio of rice to liquid. I usually add a cup and a half of rice. Continue to cook on low heat for 1 1/2 more hours.
Step 3: Home Stretch
After 1 1/2 hours, add corn, taco seasoning, and hot sauce and cook on High for another 30 minutes. Serve hot and enjoy!
1 Person Made This Project!
- Anas2004786 made it!