Introduction: Modern Wall Travel Map
Me and my partner love travelling and wanted a way to show the places we've visited in a clean but creative way, so using some left over paint and a projector we have made a new center piece in the dining room.
- Sugar soap/wall cleaning solution (if painting wall first)
- Small paint brush
- Large paint brush
- Background/wall paint
- Desired paint color for map
Step 1: Prepare Your Wall
The first step is to prepare your wall for the map, clean and paint the wall the color of your choice, we've chosen white. Make sure the wall is properly dry before starting the next step.
Step 2: Project and Trace the Map
Once you have your background painted you can now set up the projector with an image of the world map.
- Choose where you would like the world map by positing the projector
- Choose the size of the world map by changing the distance of the projector from the wall.
- Using a pencil, start tracing the outline of the map and be careful not to move or disturb the projector until you have finished tracing.
Step 3: Start Painting
Next choose a different color of paint from your wall
- Then using a fine small brush, begin painting over the pencil outlines.
- Then use a larger brush fill in the outlined countries
- Now using an eraser, rub out any remaining pencil lines but be sure the paint has fully dried first
Step 4: Finished!
At this stage you can leave the map as a piece of wall art or push pins into the wall to show where you have traveled, you can also add photos/polaroids and use string to connect the pins to the photos.
Participated in the