Introduction: Monster I-Pod Case
These are still I-Pod cases that are easy to make and a fun way to carry your I-Pod around in your bag. I like to use crazy fabrics for this one.
Step 1: Choose Your Materials
1. Materials: assorted fabrics, embroidery floss in assorted colors, glue, scissors, wiggle eyes, and white fleece
2. Choose two fabrics. I usually choose a pattern and a solid. Select an embroidery floss to go with them.
Step 2: Cut Your Fabric
1. I used an old I-Pod I had to determine how I should cut my fabric. It will vary based on what type you have- old school, I-Touch, Shuffle, etc.
2. The way I cut the fabric is to cut a length of fabric that is 2 1/2 times as long as my I-Pod and at least one inch wider.
3. To make the teeth, I cut a strip of white fleece about 1 1/2 inches by 6 inches and cut a zig zag into it.
Step 3: Sew It Together
1. First, I lay my two piece of fabric together. Then I slip the uncut edge of the teeth between them and get it centered. I use a running stitch to attach them together.
2. I use a running stitch to secure the two pieces of fabric together across the top edge of the pocket as well.
3. I then use a blanket stitch to sew up both sides.
4. I use glue (hot glue, E6000, or super glue) to attach the wiggle eye on the face. You can add one or two or three or more!
Step 4: Put Your I-Pod In!
To finish your I-Pod Monster- put your I-Pod in and go!
Participated in the