Introduction: Painting Extension Pole From Scraps
This is a father to son trick that I'll share with you: how to use the inner tube of a bike to strongly hold in place anything, and in this case paint rollers. I will also use an old curtain rod for this project.
Also, the inner tube bands can be reuse after for other projects, so it's a good way to re-recycle them :)
So here is a list of what you need:
- a pair a scissors
- inner tube (bike in my case)
- an extension pole: old curtain rod (it can be a broomstick)
- a paint roller
Step 1: Cutting Part 1
- First: get the needed size: make 3 turns around the paint roller handle and the curtain rod with the inner tube
- cut the inner tube
Step 2: Cutting Part 2
- cut the inner tube (long side) (in my case there was a line, so followed it, otherwise you can draw one)
- cut in the middle of the band (long side), to have 2 bands
- cut each band (again long side), so now you have 4 bands of equal size
Step 3: Strapping the Handle
Step 4: Finish!!
So now you have an extension pole that will reach your ceiling easily or other spots that are complicated to access to!!
It's made quickly from scraps and I hope it will be useful to you.
Let me know :)
Participated in the
Scraps Speed Challenge