Introduction: Peter Pan Paper Hat
Paper is an incredible building tool and an accessible way to expand our understanding of 3D modeling. Let's build a Peter Pan newspaper hat in the third of 8 Simple Newspaper Hat Tutorials. << Click the link to view the whole collection :)
Teachers and Parents:
For more details on how to extended this project for additional learning check out further resources in step 5. Topics include: Literature, Peter Pan, and J.M.Barrie.
- Single Sheet of Newspaper. *Note: You can also use a large flyer or wrapping paper.
- Fold the newspaper in half, so that it forms a long rectangle.
Arrange the rectangle so that the long OPEN edge is at the BOTTOM, closest to from you.
- With the open edge of the rectangle closest to you, fold one corner of the rectangle down towards the bottom, leaving about a 2" space at the bottom.
- Fold the second corner of the rectangle over to meet your first triangle.
- Note: If the second fold has excess newspaper at the bottom - that's ok ! Just trim the excess paper off to match the bottom edge of your first corner fold.
- You should now have a triangle with a 2" band along the bottom
- Fold one sheet of the bottom 2" band up along the bottom of the two corner folds and crease flat.
- Flip the newspaper over and repeat by folding the other sheet of the bottom 2" band up and crease flat.
- Holding the center of front and back edges, open the base of the hat and lay flat.
- Fold the bottom point up towards the top, leave a 2" gap from the top and crease flat.
- Flip the newspaper over and repeat by folding the other bottom point up towards the top, also leaving a 2" gap from the top and crease flat.
- Open along the bottom and place atop your head !
Step 7: Extended Learning
Literature, Peter Pan, J.M.Barrie
Videos / Resources:
Peter Pan - Read along story book
History of Peter Pan
3D Designing with Tinkercad:
Also check out this complete lesson plan on Design a Biome Terrarium.
1 Person Made This Project!
- 39952 made it!