Introduction: Pineapple/ Mango Hot Sauce (Sweetness, With a Kick in the Mouth)
I always wanted to find a hot sauce that was sweet at first, but then kicked you in the face with spice and flavor. I found that combining different hot peppers and some sweet fruits was a pretty good combination. After playing around with the mixture between hotness and sweetness, i found that this worked really well. Hopefully, you will enjoy this hot sauce as much as everybody thats tried it.
Step 1: Go to the Local Store and Buy Stuff.
First, go out and gather everything you will need:
- one pineapple
- big handful of serrano peppers (about half a pound)
- handful of Chili peppers dried or fresh (the more the hotter)
- two good sized cubano peppers
- one mango
- garlic powder
- 4 cups apple vinegar
Other stuff you need:
- Large pot
- Heat source (fire)
Step 2: Start Chopping
- Wash everything, you never know who was picking their nose then touching your future hot sauce ingredients.
- Chop the peppers, mango, and pineapple.
- Place all the washed/ chopped ingredients in a large pot.
- Add the dried chili peppers to you taste.
- Add the 4 cups of vinegar. Add enough to lightly cover the whole mixture.
*While chopping hot peppers don't touch you face. Just trust me.
Step 3: Turn Up the Heat !!!
- Turn up the heat on high.
- Once the mixture comes to a boil, turn down the heat to low. ( little bubbles)
- Let the whole mixture boil on low for 30 minutes.
Step 4: Blend That Stuff.
- Grab a hand blender and blend away.
- Blend until smooth.
* If you want to reduce the mixture, you can boil on low until it reaches your desire. The more you reduce, the less hot sauce but the stronger the flavor.
Step 5: Bottle Your New Sweet Hot Sauce.
- Grab whatever containers you have. No need to buy containers, just save, wash, and recycle.
*This sauce is ready to slap on whatever you desire. If you place it in the refrigerator for 2 weeks it even tastes better.