Introduction: Pizza Hot Pockets
Easy and delicious homemade Pizza Pockets. These also freeze very well! Makes 18 pizza pockets.
Step 1: Ingredients & Supplies
1 Tablespoon yeast
1 1/2 cups warm water
4 cups unbleached white flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon basil paste (or 2 teaspoons fresh basil)
1 small can tomato paste
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese or 9 cheese sticks
2 cups of your choice of toppings: ideas: Pepperoni, Olives, Bell Peppers, Mushrooms
Step 2: Make the Dough
1. Place 1 Tablespoon yeast into a mixing bowl
2. Add 1 1/2 cups warm water
3. Let sit for 5 minutes until yeast appears bubbly
4. Add 4 cups unbleached white flour
5. Add 1 teaspoon salt
6. Add 1 teaspoon garlic
7. Add 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
8. Add1 teaspoon basil paste (or 2 teaspoons fresh basil)
Use the hook attachment to mix on low speed for one minute then increase speed to medium for an additional 6-7 minutes. The dough should feel soft and cushiony.
Divide into two balls. Roll out each ball into a 9x16 rectangle. Slice into thirds (for 9 rectangle sections). Repeat with second ball.
Step 3: Fill With Toppings
1. Prepare your toppings into bite sized pieces
2. Smear a small amount (about 1 tsp) of tomato paste into each of the 18 sections
3. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese (or you can use 1/2 a cheese stick)
4. Top with your choice of toppings (pepperoni, olives, bell peppers, mushrooms, etc.)
5. Fold dough lengthwise to wrap toppings into a long pocket
6. Pinch ends and place on a baking dish. Repeat until all 18 pockets are filled and rolled.
Bake in the center of preheated 400F oven for 18-20 minutes.
Step 4: Enjoy & Freeze the Leftovers
Participated in the
Baking Speed Challenge