Introduction: Portable Auto Height Adjust Stand for Multipurpose
Height is a major concern in public places. Kids affected more in public places due to height problem. The problem places due to height concerns are
1) First place is school from kg kids to High school kids, so lot of height variation so using wash basin, now a days while enter using hand sanitizer.
2) Parents taking children to hotel wash basin height.
3) In companies and office face recognition attendance system, if fitted for tall people short people suffer, if fitted for short people tall people suffer.
Like wise lot of places. I see kids in public places cant able to reach the wash basin for hand wash some one want to help or they hold up the basin for wash. Now a days due to pandemic touching other places in public want to reduce. So to over come this mainly for kids going to school while enter they want to sanitized, i plan for a height leveler which move its height according to the person standing before. It must be portable cost effective.
Its a very simple project but take time to build the lifter which stand in any place with weight less and portable.
Another Project is included in this project auto sanitizer dispenser. So the combined set is used for Schools to dispense sanitizer to all grade childrens and staffs. It is given in step21.
Step 1: Materials Required
Materials Required For Rail and Platform
1) 19mm PVC Pipe - 10 feet 4 Nos.
2) 19mm PVC Tee - 27 Nos.
3) 19mm PVC Elbow - 13 Nos
4) 25mm PVC Pipe - 10 feet 1 No.
5) 25mm PVC Tee - 4 Nos.
6) 25mm PVC Elbow - 2nos.
7) Nickel Screws - 95Nos.
Materials Required For automation
1) HCSR04 Ultrasonic Sensor - 1No.
2) Arduino Uno - 1No.
3) Arduino CNC Shield V3 - 1No.
4) Nema 17 Stepper Motor - 1No.
5) Limit Switch - 2 No.
6) 3 mm Screw - 4 Nos.
7) 3 mm Screw - 4 Nos.
9) Steel Thread
Step 2: Make the Lift Platform
I use 19mm pipe for the holder and Guide. 25mm pipe for the platform.
1) Take 25mm PVC Pipe Cut the following pieces
1) 90mm piece - 2 Nos.
2) 50mm Piece - 2Nos.
3) 30mm Piece - 2Nos.
4) 15mm Piece - 4Nos.
Use 25mm PVC Tee - 4 Nos, 25mm PVC Elbow - 2nos to fix the joints like Pipe blocks as shown in the pictures. Now the platform is ready. We want to make a rail for platform move. Insert the 19mm pipe in the Tees of the 25mm pipe.
Step 3: Making the Lift Guide
For making guide we want two 19mm pipes and 4 tee joints.
1) Cut two pieces 90mm and two pieces 1676mm.
2) Join a Rectangle using 4 tee joints as shown in the picture.
3) Before screw insert the platform into the guide and now the guide is ready.
Make the platform and the guide is easy. But Design the holder take long time because it want to hold the setup even when plat form is in full height and also it has a place for motor, Circuit and wiring. So after two trials the final one is superb and very stable.
Step 4: Model 1 - Making Guide Holder With Motor Base
In the first trial the stand model is correct but the top rod for ultrasonic sensor is made of two parallel pipes this make the pulling front side high. Also no between pipe in the holder in the top it make the structure weak. Base side also no stand.
Step 5: Model 2 - Making Guide Holder With Motor Base
This is the second model in this model Change the Top ultrasonic pipe to single pipe and Join the holder in the top and this increase the stability of the structure. In the base stand extend to the back side. But when the platform is loaded it tilt front side.
Step 6: Change the Base
Now the whole structure is completed and the base leg is spread on all sides in 45 degree so it hold in all directions.
1) We already see the requirement for design the guide apart from guide we need.
1) 19mm PVC Pipe 2 Nos and pieces from guide.
2) 19mm PVC Tee - 20 Nos.
3) 19mm PVC Elbow - 13 Nos
2) Cut the pipe pieces
1) 95mm piece - 9Nos
2) 38mm piece - 3Nos
3) 35mm piece - 11Nos
4) 26mm piece - 15Nos
5) 1690mm piece - 2Nos
6) 1190mm piece - 2Nos
7) 300mm piece - 2Nos
8) 150mm piece - 1No
9) 80mm piece - 2Nos
10) 400mm piece - 1No
Look at the video in the next step and join the pieces and finally you got the structure.
Step 7: Structure Video
Structure is cant able to capture in photo clearly so video of the structure.
Step 8: Fixing Stepper
1) For stepper holder first draw the outline in a paper and paste it in a Novapan sheet.
2) Cut the Novapan sheet 80mm X 80mm and drill the center to insert stepper motor.
3) Screw the screw hole novapan sheet. Use screws fix the stepper motor with the sheet.
4) Small change in the structure to make the structure strong while pull the platform up for that need another 4 Elbows. and Cut the 95mm pipe to two 35mm pipe. Again join as per 4th image.
5) Put the hole in the Pipe fully and using ling screw and nut fix the servo in the frame.
Step 9: Screw the Joints
Wiring pipes are not able to fix with quick fix or hot glue. if paste it when apply load it remove. So use screws to screw the joints. Its also a very hard work if you use normal screw driver. Because i almost screw 95Nos of Nickel Screws. Put a small hole in each joints and screw it. On each tee we want to put 3 screws and for elbow 2 Screws. It take a long time and patience. Now the Full structure is completed.
Step 10: Make Small Board for CNC Shield
I only want to use one Stepper motor, but i have a CNC shield. So i use the options in the cnc shield to use for this project.
What we need is
1) One stepper motor controller.
2) Two Limit switch input.
3) Two digital pins for ultrasonic sensor HC SR04.
For external use of CNC shield we want to join enable with GND in the top left side under rst pin. We use X axis servo for lift it use digital pin 2 and 5 from step and dir. For Limit switch we use X and Y axis End Stops it use the digital pins 9 and 10. For Ultrasonic sensor we use Spnen and SpnDir it used Digital pin D12 and D13. So make a small board with female headers to connect with this male headers and measure wire from the circuit base to ultrasonic sensor and Limit switch and solder with the board. Now the circuit setup is ready.
Step 11: Wiring
Place allocated for the circuit board is below the stepper motor. So its a small rework process, unscrew the wiring path in the structure and pass the wire through the pipes, it is Completely concealed wiring. Then rescrew the structure. Now the wires are in three places In the bottom of the guide for limit switch and in the top of the guide for limit switch and of the top most for ultrasonic sensor. Want to fix the Limit switch and Ultrasonic Sensor.
Step 12: Fixing Circuit Board
1) Use cable tie to fix the arduino with CNC shield to the structure.
2) It fitted correctly below the stepper.
3) Pass the cable tie through 3 arduino uno board hole and tie with the base pipe. Now want to fix the Ultrasonic sensor.
Step 13: Connect String
1) No pully is needed for this project. Just want a stopper to avoid string go out side the shaft. I have a gear from planatery gear box i use it as the stopper and tie the string in one of the screw. Wind some string in the shaft.
2) Mark the center of the Top side guide and in the center drill and put a screw half way.
3) In the pipe top of the stepper motor mark straight to the soft and put two screws in both side of the center.
4) Pass the string through this screws and tie in the center of the platform.
Step 14: Fixing Limit Switch
1) Fix two limit switch one in the top and another in the bottom to calibrate the length.
2) Connect the wire we already pass through the pipes.
Step 15: Testing the Lift
With sample code by press the low limit switch the lift moves up and by press the top limit switch it moves down.
Step 16: Limit Switch Activate Rod
1) Take 150mm length 19mm pipe and connect two elbow on both sides.
2) Connect it with the platform as shown in the figure.
3) Rotate the elbow to switch on the limit switch while reach the position.
4) Screw the elbow in that position.
5) Check the limit switch by move the platfomr.
Step 17: Fixing Ultrasonic Sensor
1) Take a 19mm Tee. Cut the 50 percentage of the top portion.
2) Ultrasonic sensor fitted correctly in that position.
3) Keep it straight and hot glue it.
4) In a 400mm pipe insert the wire for Ultrasonic sensor and join the connector with ultrasonic sensor.
5) Fix it in the top of the structure.
Step 18: Details of Items
Details of the items Fitted are listed in the image.
Step 19: Arduino Code
1) In the loop You found two set of codes one for calibration and another for running. At first running the calibrate and at the end of calibration it ask about the status of calibration. If given yes then it stores the data in EERPROM and after that it use the same data for Running.
2) Two settings one for head and another for hand is set. Change the variable stopfor to change Head or Hand.
3) Once a person enter and the ultrasonic sensor read the height and check the servo height. Check the stopfor variable and change the required height to be move. After that it remain in that place even u sit or stand, when left the spot and come again it check the height and move. So No problem if you bend or stretch after reach there.
Step 20: First Time Calibration
1) When first start the platform move to the top to upper limit switch and set the noofstep as zero. Step by step it move to the bottom and take no of steps to reach the bottom. In the program we already have two variable for steppertop and stepperbottom. Measure the center point of the platform from the ground and enter it. For me 18cm for bottom and 167cm for top.
2) Then Ultrasonic calibration done. First with out no one below the ultrasonic sensor take the reading and store it as USbottomread. and I stand below it and store it as UStopread. And USbottom as 0 and UStop as my height 178 cm.
3) Use the Map function to get the current height from the stored one. Move the servo as per no of steps using map function.
Step 21: Final Checking
Checking using cardboard done and it found superb.
Step 22: Simple Dispenser With Out Arduino
1) IR sensor module.
2) 5V Relay module.
3) 3.7V 18650 rechargeable battery.
4) DC to DC step up module
1) This is a bonus project and it also take lot of time. Because new relay module always switch on due to 0.3v out put from the ir module. So check different method and found old relay module working fine.
2) Cut the mica sheet to the size of the platform and arrange it and hot glue it over mica sheet.
3) Now fill the bottle and test it
Step 23: Dispenser Testing
Its also very fun to test the Auto Dispenser and My kid like it very very much.
Step 24: Head Test
Set the settings to head and stand infront with the mobile on the platform.
Step 25: Final Result
Wow its working Superb. When swicth on it go to the bottom and When some one stand below the sensor it measure the height and move as per the head or hand selection. Put a cloth mat on the floor and center it with ultrasonic sensor. I check it with me kid she is very excited on see the movement.
For Full height with full load in the platform use some more weight over back side leg.
Thank you for going through my project.
Lot more to enjoy...............Don't forgot to comment and encourage me friends.
Runner Up in the