Introduction: Pudding Pops
Only a few ingredients are required to make this delicious summer treat. What is even better is that there are also very few steps!
Step 1: Ingredients
The key ingredient to this treat is instant pudding. The flavour is up to your own preference but make sure you consider how the pudding and the fruit is going to taste when mixed. I used chocolate with raspberries and vanilla with blackberries. Both of these got the thumbs up from the kids!
- Instant Pudding
- Berries (fresh or frozen)
In addition to the ingredients, you will also need to have molds. I got some cheap from the supermarket but you could also use small glasses, yoghurt containers, etc.
Step 2: Mix and Freeze
I have said it before, but will say it again, this is so easy!!! Just follow the basic steps below to get onto the path to delicious frozen treats.
- Mix the instant pudding up according to the instructions on the side of the packet.
- Mash the berries and mix into the pudding. For the lighter coloured puddings I try to drag the berries through (don't mix too much) so that it looks good, but it doesn't really matter though as it all tastes the same!
- Pour the mix into the mold and insert an ice cream stick. You shouldn't need to support the stick as the pudding is relatively thick.
- Pop into the freezer until solid. It is best to leave overnight.
Step 3: Err, Thats It!
Yep, thats it. All that is left to do is remove the mold from the freezer and quickly dunk into hot water to release the frozen treat.
There are any number of options of pudding and fruit that you could try, or even layer in different flavours of pudding.
I am hoping for a long summer so that I can try many different combinations!
Participated in the
Frozen Treats Challenge