Introduction: Pumpkin Cake Pops
It's almost Halloween! That means pumpkin everything. I love baking and I also love pumpkin flavored treats. I decided to put those two things together and make pumpkin cake pops. They are so delicious and they're a perfect way to start off the fall season!
- 1 box of Spice cake mix
- 2 Tbsp of icing
- 12 oz of orange melting wafers
- 8 oz of green melting wafers
- 24 lollipop sticks
- piping bag
Step 1: Bake Your Cake
- Follow the instructions on the Spice cake mix box.
- Once your cake is finished baking, let cool in the pan for 10 min, then set on a cooling rack until it is completely cooled.
Step 2: Crumble Your Cake
- Once your cake is completely cooled down, transfer it into a large mixing bowl.
- Use your hands or an electric mixer to crumble the cake until there is no more clumps.
- Add small amounts of icing at a time to your cake and continue to mix. Keep mixing until it becomes similar to the consistency of play-doh. If your mixture is still dry and crumbly, add more icing in very small amounts.
- Chill your cake mixture in the fridge for 10 minutes.
Step 3: Form the Cake Balls
- Once the cake has chilled in the fridge, take it out and let sit at room temperature for 3 minutes.
- Start to form 1 inch balls by using your hands or a small ice cream scoop.
- If there are cracks in the ball, work them out till the surface is completely smooth
- Place the balls on a tray 1 inch apart and put them in the freezer for 20 minutes.
Step 4: Putting in the Stick
- Get the cake balls out of the freezer.
- Melt a few melting chocolate wafers in a small bowl.
- Dip the lollipop stick in the melted chocolate and immediately insert the stick into the center of the cake ball.
- Set the cake pop on the tray with the stick pointing up.
- Chill the cake pops in the fridge for 10 minuets.
Step 5: Decorating the Cake Pops
- Work with about 5-7 cake pops at a time so they don't get soft.
- Melt your orange chocolate melting wafers. If you need your melted chocolate to be thinner, you can add a teaspoon of vegetable oil.
- Dip the cake pop all the way into the cocolclate so the entire ball is covered.
- Gently tap off the excess chocolate and place the cake pop back on the tray with the stick pointing up again.
- Repeat with all the cake pops.
- Once all the cake pops have dried, begin to melt you green melting chocolate wafers.
- Pour the melted chocolate into a piping bag.
- Begin to pipe out a pumpkin stem design, making sure to cover the stick to secure it to the cake ball.
- Once you finished decorating the cake pops, place them back in the fridge for 10 minutes.
Step 6: Enjoy!
- After the cake pops have chilled for 10 minutes in the fridge, take them out and enjoy!
- Make sure to keep them stored in the fridge.
Participated in the