Introduction: Quick & Easy Tiramisu Cake
Tiramisu cake is a classic dessert which although simple to prepare, is absolutely delicious. The great thing about tiramisu is that many adjustments and customizations are possible.
Step 1: Materials & Ingredients
Serving: Feeds 15
Ingredients for Creamy Filling
2 White Cake Frosting Containers
2 Cream Cans (usually found in the middle eastern markets)
8 Large table spoons of Cream Cheese
Ingredients for Cookie Base:
4 Packs of Maria Cookies
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Lipton Tea Bag
Chocolate Bar (used to decorate the cake)
Step 2: Making the Cookie Base
Add half a cup of sugar and one lipton tea bag to boiling water.
In a large bowl break up the 4 packs of maria cookies.
IMPORTANT: Do not crush the cookies into very small pieces or else you'll be left with a paste with no crunch. Your goal is to break the cookies up into halves and/or fourths.
Slowly add the tea to the crushed cookies and stir.
Step 3: Making the Cream Filling
In a large bowl combine:
2 white cream frostings
2 canned creams
8 Large tbsp of Cream Cheese
Use a hand mixer to stir these together. Your final mixture should be smooth with little to no clumps.
Step 4: Putting It All Together
For the sake of easy clean up, lining your pan with wax paper or aluminum foil is a good idea.
1) Start off by using half of the cookie base to line the bottom of the pan.
2) Next, cover the previous layer with cream.
3) As you've probably guessed, now the rest of the cookie base is applied over the cream. However, this step tends to be time consuming and tedious because you cannot simply smear the cookie base on the cream without ruining the integrity of the cream layer. I ended up using my hands to create small pieces that I gently placed on the cream.
4) Cover the cake with cream.
Optional: Grate chocolate over the cake for decoration.
5) Freeze the cake for at least 4 hours before serving.
Participated in the
Snacks Contest 2017