Introduction: RLCraft Guide for Beginners
RLCraft is a modded add-on to Minecraft created by Shivaxi, which means the player must already have Minecraft and download the pack from online. It is said to be the hardest mod for Minecraft and for a good reason. The mod pack contains a plethera of new content to make playing the game more realistic while also adding in a ton of monsters who almost all want to kill you. This beginners guide is intended for those who know how to play Minecraft already and have just spawned into a new world.
*** If you have never played Minecraft before this modpack is probably not for you. But in the future it may be something to consider ***
Step 1: Shelter
The first things you must know about RLCraft is that most of what you know from Minecraft no longer applies. Also note that in the beginning you are going to die... a lot!
- The first thing you must do is find a shelter or find a good place to make a shelter. This place should include access to water, trees, gravel, and preferably not a lot of monsters.
- Finding a village is a great way to start but they are hard to come by and you will probably die before finding one. Villages have access to waypoints (Circled in red) which let you teleport from waypoint to waypoint or recall with a scroll (shown above).
Step 2: Tools
Aquiring tools is much harder than in normal Minecraft. To start out the player needs to get flint from gravel and sticks from a tree (the leaves not the wood itself).
1. To break down the flint into flint shard the player must right-click the top of a hard block with the gravel in their hand.
2. Use a flint shard and a stick to craft a flint knife (shown above).
3. Use the flint knife to cut grass and get plant fiber. Use the plant fiber to craft plant string (shown above).
4. The string, a stick, and a flint shard can now all be combined into a flint hatchet (shown above) and the player can now cut down their first tree.
Step 3: Create a Spawn Point
This is just like normal Minecraft you have to make a bed.
1. Use the wood that you can now mine with the flint hatchet to make planks. The player cannot just craft them like normal but must place the log on the ground then right click the top with the hatchet.
2. Find some sheep and get some wool to make a bed. However, do not die because if you do all your progress will be lost and you will have to repeat the previous steps. The random spawning stops you from being able to return to your previous death spot.
*** If you have found a village, look around because there are usually a lot of beds in houses ***
Step 4: What to Do Next
From here on there is a whole world of RLCraft to explore it is up to the player to decide what to do next.
Option 1 (Recommended): The player can go fight dungeons to try and get loot drops as well as the good chests they contain. One of the best dungeons to start out with is the battle tower (pictured above) because it is very simple and almost guarantees good loot at the end.
Option 2: The player can try to go mining and set up a better base more like normal Minecraft. Keep in mind that the player will need to upgrade their mining level which is explained in the next step.
Option 3 (For more experienced players): The player can explore the world and try to find new places with waypoints so if they have one they can be more connected with the rest of the world.
Step 5: Other Things to Note
- Within the players inventory they have a skills tab which allows them to use experience to level up different traits. Leveling up traits allows for the use of better gear in a certain category. This is a good thing to keep an eye on leveling up every so often so you do not lose your experience upon death.
- The beastiary is another menu that shows information about different creatures in the game. To find out more about creature the player must approach them and or kill them. A notification will pop up in chat when you have gained more knowledge of a species.
Since this is a more realistic version of Minecraft there is a new thirst bar and temperature gauge.
- To drink water the player must crouch and right click a source block, this will however give the player thirst because the water is not cleaned.
- The ball in between the health bar and hunger bar is the weather gauge. If the player is too hot or cold they could develop hypothermia or hyperthermia which damages the player overtime. To cool off get in water but to warm up is harder and requires some later game armor insulation.
Health in RLCraft
- The player cannot heal to full health normally after being hurt and must use bandages to heal themselves. Bandages are commonly dropped from mobs but can be crafted as well. To use better healing items the magic skill must be upgraded. Each body part must be healed in order to return to full health and if your head or body take too much damage you will die instantly regardless of your health bar.
- Other things to look out for are heart crystals, red dust (not redstone), and heart capsules. The healing dust can be made into a heart crystal which can be made into a heart capsule. The crafting recipe is just 3x3 for both. Heart capsules can be consumed by the player and permanently upgrade the health bar by one heart.
Step 6: Have Fun!!!
The world of RLCraft is endless and there are always more things to discover and do. RLCraft adds in a ton of generated structures to entertain the player as well as a boatload of new mobs to fight and befriend. It also introduces a new challenge for players who have already beaten Minecraft, maybe even countless times. What to do next is up to you. Your adventure from here on out will not be easy and you will encounter many challenges. Just remember regardless of how difficult and frustrating this mod pack may be, it is still meant for the player to have fun.