Introduction: Roasted Corn and Black Bean Guacamole
For your next barbeque or potluck, try a sweet and spicy mix-up to traditional guacamole with roasted corn and black bean guacamole. Roasted corn adds a fresh-off-the-grill flavor and black beans pack protein into the dish. The cayenne-lime marinade gives the recipe an extra boost.
Roasted Corn and Black Bean Guacamole
1 lb. corn, roasted*
15 oz. black beans, drained
1 green bell pepper, minced
3 large avocados, diced
2 limes, juiced
½ cup olive oil
2 T sugar
1 ½ t. sea salt
1 t. cayenne pepper
½ t. black pepper
1. Roast the corn on the grill then cut the corn along each side.* Add the corn into a large bowl.
2. Drain the black beans and rinse. Add to the large bowl.
3. Cut the green bell pepper in half and pull out the stem. Cut into small strips and cut again crosswise into fine cubes. Add to the large bowl.
4. Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit by carefully inserting a knife into the pit and twisting the knife. Divide each half into cubes and scoop out the cubes using a large spoon. Add to the large bowl.
5. In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, lime juice, sugar, sea salt, cayenne, and black pepper. Pour the spice marinade into the large bowl and stir thoroughly.
*Roasted corn is available in the frozen section at Trader Joe’s supermarkets.
Participated in the