Introduction: Something Blue Cake Pops
You may have never heard about Cake Pops, if that's the case, I think this Instructable is perfect for you.
But if you did heard - what is more likely - well, still I think you might be surprised by this Cake Pop recipe because it is an adaptation of a cake family recipe beloved by all family members and friends, and by you, if you try it!
I originally made these Cake Pops for a small wedding, that's why I called Something Blue Cake Pop.
Okay? Let's go!
- 100 g (3.5 ounces) butter or margarine
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of chocolate powder
- 1/4 cup of wine
- 2 cups of wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 can of sweet condensed milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Step 1: Preparing... Cake Batter
1. Put the butter, the sugar and the eggs together and beat them until it's creamy.
2. Add the eggwhites and beat a little more.
3. Add the chocolate powder and the wine. Always mixing
4. Add the flour (with the yeast) and the milk, Put them little by little and alternately.
5. Grease a large cake tin or two small ones with butter and flour and bake it for 10-15 minutes.
6. When the cake is ready, crumble the cake with your hand.
Step 2: Preparing... the Cream
1. Add all the cream ingredients in a small pan.
2. Cook until boil. ALWAYS mixing.
Step 3: Preparing... the Cake Pops.
1. Add little quantities of cream to the crumbled cake, and mix with your hand. Keep doing this until the to form a dough that is similar to cookie dough. Not too dry, not too wet.
2. Make little balls (a ice-cream spoon can help you to get ball with similar sizes).
3. Dip the tip of chopsticks in the chocolate and place them in the balls.
4. Take the balls to the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
5. Then, cover the balls with the chocolate. (Remember that the chocolate has to be tempered first. If you don't know how to do it, check this link.)
6. Now, is the fun part: Decorate it! You can add some sprinkles or whatever you want.
7. Take the balls to the refrigerator until the chocolat is firm enough to tap with your fingernail.