Introduction: Spaghetti Pizza
Finally put an end to the age old argument of pasta vs pizza and combine them into one superior dinner option!
Ok, maybe this isn't a big problem at your house but in mine, when asked "what do you want for dinner?" "Pizza" and "Pasta" and always requested. So I decided to combine them. After trying a few different crust recipes, I decided on a garlic bread stick recipe with a little added garlic for the crust.
(you can find the original bread stick recipe at thesquishymonster.com/2017/09/garlic-butter-breadsticks.html)
- 1/2c Warm Water
- 1-1/2tsp Yeast
- 1-1/2c Flour
- 1/4tsp Salt
- 1/2tsp Sugar
- 2tbs Melted Butter
- 1-1/2tsp Garlic Powder
- 2ts Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Pasta Sauce
- More Parmesan Cheese- I'm not going to tell you how to live your life, use a whole wedge if you want.
- Meatballs (optional)- Turns out we didn't have any so they are excluded from pictures.
Step 1: Crust
- In a small bowl combine Yeast and Warm Water, let sit to dissolve
- In a large bowl stir together Flour, Sugar, Salt, and 1/2tsp Garlic Powder
- Stir in liquid Yeast
- Once combined, kneed the dough until it isn't tacky and isn't crumbling.
- Cover and let rise for 1 hour
- On a cooking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray or coated in oil, flatten your dough into a circle, ideally making the edges taller.
- Combine Melted Butter, 1tsp. Garlic Powder and Parmesan Cheese in a small bowl and coat the entire dough circle with it. Make sure to get the edges.
- Cook for about 7 min. at 450. While the dough is baking, cook about an inch wide portion of spaghetti broken in half.
Step 2: Make the Pizza!
- In a pot add a generous amount of Spaghetti Sauce to the Spaghetti. Let sit to let the flavor soak in a little.
- Spread a layer of Spaghetti Sauce over the pizza crust, covering most of the middle of the crust.
- Smooth the Saucy Spaghetti onto the crust.
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese and meatballs if you would like.
- Bake at 450 for another 4 minutes.
Depending on your meatballs you should probably cook them at the same time as the spaghetti then add them to the top for the final cooking.
Participated in the
Pizza Speed Challenge 2020