Introduction: Spicy Pork Ribs Caldereta Recipe
One of the most loved Filipino dish that's worth cooking.
Step 1: Prepare the Ingredients
Spicy Pork rib Caldereta
2lbs pork ribs, cut per bone
2pcs small carrots cubed
1pc big or 2pcs small potato cubed
2pcs fresh tomatoes diced
4tbsp tomato sauce
1pc big red bell pepper
10pcs Thai chili pepper chopped
1can liver spread (227g)
1 1/2can coconut milk (600ml)
2pcs pork cubes
1pc big red onion
6cloves garlic crushed
4pcs bay leaves
4tbsp soy sauce
2tbsp fish sauce
1tsp ground black pepper
3tbsp canola oil / butter / margarine
Step 2: Cooking Instructions
- Pork ribs - Marinate for 1 hour by adding soy sauce, vinegar, bay leaves, and ground pepper.
- After an hour of marinating, preheat cooking oil/butter in a cooking pot.
- Once hot, half-fry the carrots and potatoes, once done, set aside.
- Saute onions. Cook for 30 seconds then add peeled and crushed garlic. Saute until onion softens.
- Add marinated pork, saute until light brown.
- Add tomatoes, then tomato sauce. You may also use canned diced tomatoes if you want.
- Saute a little bit then add the chopped chili. It is added early so it could penetrate in our meat.
- Add liver spread, dilute, and mix well.
- Add coconut milk. Make sure all the ingredients are mixed well.
- After 3minutes, add pork cubes and water. Mix, cover and let it simmer.
- Simmer for 45 minutes or until the pork is tender. We need to tenderize the pork so adjust the heat between low to medium. Make it sure to mix it every now and then while simmering. We do this to avoid our ingredients stick at the bottom of the pot and at the same time distribute the ingredients evenly.
- Add the remaining ingredients, such as carrots, potatoes, and red or green bell pepper, or both. Mix well. It's an option if you want to add green peas.
- After adding all the ingredients, cover then let it cook for another 5-7minutes.
- Season with fish sauce and ground black pepper. It's your choice if you want to use salt instead of fish sauce. Mix well and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes or more.
Step 3: Serve and Enjoy
After simmering, mix well, and transfer to a serving dish.
Enjoy with freshly cooked plain rice.