Introduction: Taco Mac | Lazy One Pot Meal | Easy Recipe
We are making Taco Mac today! This is a one pot meal that is fast to make and taste amazing. It’s basically a pasta dish that has a taco flare to it. Packed full of flavor from the ground beef, to the beans, corn and salsa plus taco toppings which are a must. I think even picky eaters would love this meal. I love that it is fast to make and is requires little effort and you get an amazing meal out of it and it's really comforting food! If this Taco Mac sounds like something you’d love to make, follow along and watch my video tutorial. Let’s go!
Step 1: Ingredients
For the Taco Mac
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 8 oz ground beef
- 8 oz uncooked pasta (I’m using Elbow paste)
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 (15 oz) can corn (rinsed and drained)
- ¾ cup (30 g) diced green onion
- 1 (16 oz) jar salsa
- 2 tablespoons (17 g) taco seasoning
- 2 cups (473 g) chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup (120 g) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ cup (20 g) finely chopped cilantro
- Sliced cherry tomatoes, about a handful
- Sour cream
Step 2: Cook Beef
In a large pot, add in oil and ground beef. Cook on medium heat until meat is browned.
Step 3: Add in All the Rest of the Taco Mac Ingredients
To the pot add in pasta, black beans, corn, green onion, salsa, taco seasoning, broth and pepper flakes.
Step 4: Cook
Cover with a lid and bring to a boil over medium heat, cook for 12-15 minutes, stirring frequently until pasta is tender. Remove from heat.
Step 5: Add Toppings
Top with cheese, avocado and cilantro, sliced cherry tomatoes and sour cream. Enjoy!
Step 6: Video Tutorial
If you want to watch the video tutorial, watch it here!