Introduction: The Remarkable WiFi Switch With ESP8266
Turning a lamp on or off (just as an example) by touching a sensitive area or by a mobile application can be extremely easy using the ESP8266 Relay Touch / WiFi Switch Module. Manufactured by Heltec, this incredibly small 3cm plate with only one relay can be hidden inside the switch box, which leaves its design aesthetically clean. One fantastic detail is that you do not have to program this module, because it already has an ESP8266 with embedded software.
Step 1: Introduction
The module is very simple and powerful. It creates an AP for configuration, and from there, we can leave it plugged in a router of our choice. The module will control a relay that can be connected to a light, for example.
We can control the relay either by touching the sensitive area (rear area of the module) or by a smartphone application.
Step 2: Key Features
• Operates at 3.3V - 5V
• ESP8266EX Chip
• Flash 32 Mbyte
• WiFi 802.11 b / g / n / e / i
• Maximum load: 2A 270VAC / 60VDC
Step 3: Application
• Home appliances
• Home automation
• Intelligent line production
• Lighting control switch
• Industrial automation and control
Step 4: ESP8266 WiFi Touch Relay Module
Step 5: Demonstration
In assembly, we have two power wires. In this case, we use 5V. You can see that the circuit is small, and (for example) it corresponds to the size of a switch button.
Step 6: Configuration: Step by Step
1. Turn on the equipment, and a network called HELTEC_WiFi_Realy will appear. Connect to it from your computer or a smartphone. The network password is heltec.cn
2. Open the browser and enter IP 192.168.4.1 in the URL, and a LOGIN page will open for you to enter the settings.
3. After performing the LOGIN, a page for WiFi configuration will be displayed. Enter in the corresponding fields of the network data that you want to connect to the module.
4. After configuring the network, the device data will be visible. Verify that the network the module connected to is correct. Also, be aware of its IP.
5. With the setting of OK, we must download the application to control the module. http://res.qswteck.com/app_download/app.html
6. After installation, make sure your smartphone is on the same network as the module that has been configured. Open the application.
7. Enter the credentials to access the module. Enter the IP of the module that has been configured and click on the magnifying glass to search it on the network.
8. After selecting the module, its code will appear in the indicated field.
9. Once the LOGIN is done, the following screen will appear. By default, these two icons will appear on the screen. Click any of the two to open the module control screen.
10. Module control screen.
Step 7: File