Introduction: Turn a Plain Barrette Into a Colorful Hair Accessory
This tutorial is an easy way to turn old barrettes into cute spring accessories.
You can also do this with headbands too!
I love the colors on my new barrette!
Step 1: What You Will Need
What You Will Need:
-Different Colored Thread
Step 2: Lets Begin!
1. Start by Treading your needle with your first color.
-Make sure you use enough thread.
-You will need to go around the barrette many times.
2. Tie your thread in a loop or a knot at the end.
3. Thread your needle in between the metal piece and the bottom of the barrette.
-Come back around and thread your needle through the knot and pull tight.
-This is going to secure the thread.
-The first couple times around are going to be a pain, but once you get a start it gets easier.
4.Repeat step 3 until you are at the end of the thread. Leave some room to tie a knot.
5. Repeat steps 1-4 for each color.
Step 3: Glue the Barrette
1. Once you are finished wrapping the barrette, put a few drops of super glue over the knotted areas.
Feel free to use the super glue anywhere else that looks like it needs to be secured.
Allow it to dry.
Step 4: YOURE FINISHED!!
Now you have brand new colorful hair accessories!
If you want to see more tutorials like this one go to korrinewojcik.blogspot.com