Introduction: USB Lock 2015
This is the Updated version for my old USB Lock instructable from ( https://www.instructables.com/id/USB-Lock/ ),
For more information about this application read my older instructable and then return here, please.
Current version is : 184.108.40.206
Why Update ?
• I messed the backward compatibility in the old version 220.127.116.11 (that works for Windows 7 x86 (32 bit) and Windows Vista, but no Windows XP)
• For Windows XP you need to use the versions that are lower that 18.104.22.168.
• The 22.214.171.124 is the only version made in Visual C++ 2008, the older ones are in Autoit3.
• THE NEW VERSION IS COMPATIBLE WITH : Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and not last Windows 10.
• It supports 32bit and 64 bit OS versions
• Fully written in Visual C++ 2015, here are the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2015 ( https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145 )
• I need people to test the USB simulated replug on Windows XP 64, Windows Vista 32/64, Windows 8 32, Windows 10 32. (Theoretically it will work on all but i have seen many things that don't really fit even if Microsoft say they fit)
How to see it it works, the replug, just plug some usb mass storage (hdd or stick) and change the state from Read-Write Mode to Read-Only Mode. If you cant then create a folder on the drive the replug went ok, if not, then you need to eject and reinsert the drive and say something to me.