Introduction: Vegan Sandwich
During the course of two weeks, I researched the true benefits of Veganism. One of my most crucial finds was that veganism is the “single biggest” thing you can do to reduce environmental impact according to an Oxford study. This is extremely important because the rate of the world's climate change growth is extremely worrisome. It's very simple, by eating vegan you are reducing your climate change footprint as well as eating healthy and eating tasty meals. One of the challenging things about going Vegan is evidently the classification that all Vegan foods are not tasty. Im here to challenge that stereotype by providing you with a healthy, simple, and delicious vegan sandwich recipe .
Step 1: Step 1: Get the Supplies
The supplies are:
Grilled Portobello (seasoned with rosemary, garlic, black pepper, salt, mint, and soy sauce for umami flavor)
Step 2: Step 2: Prep (Make Sure You Have Everything From Step 1)
First, you are going to assort your supplies and make sure everything is in order.
Get your items that are going to be cooked on the pan near the pan and season your food
- Baguette, Portobello (seasoned with rosemary, garlic, black pepper, salt and soy sauce for umami flavor), vegan butter, mint and cheese are the items that will be cooked on the skillet.
Turn on the pan to medium heat and slice carefully the baguette in half and then slice it open.
Step 3: Step 3: Cook the Supplies
- First, put a nib of butter on the preheated pan and toss in the portobello
- Flip the portobello at 4 minutes and 30 seconds
- 3 minutes into the portobello on the other side, toss in the mint and in the same skillet the baguette halves that have been slathered with vegan butter
- After 1 more minute remove the portobello and lower the heat a bit, turn the baguette and add the desired vegan cheese, add a lid to the pan to melt the cheese
- Once the cheese is melted remove the bread from the pan and turn off the heat.
Step 4: Step 4: Finish the Sandwich
1. Set out the bread on your plate
2. Place tomatoes on the bottom bun and season them with salt and pepper
3. Add portobello, either sliced or whole (I personally like sliced). Remove the mint from the portobello if it stuck.
4. Add desired lettuce
5. Add desired avocado slices / add desired guacamole slices
6. For extra spice and crunch add Takis which are surprisingly vegan.
7. Close the sandwich.
8. Enjoy :)
Participated in the
Sandwich Challenge 2020