Introduction: Veggie Popsicle Bouquet
If I ever heard about "Popsicle", its always been with fruits. However, this weekend, when I did my usual grocery shopping, I suddenly thought how would it be if one made Popsicle with vegetables. So, I picked a few veggies with pretty colors and started making pops and you wont believe that the end product looked so eye pleasing to me. Not to mention that it is so healthy and that kids for once would eat veggies happily! Also, when I finished making, these colorful pops looked so beautiful that I thought it would only make justice if I presented it like a bouquet and hence I named this dish "Veggie Popsicle Bouquet".
Hope you would enjoy this Veggie Popsicle Bouquet as much as my family and I did. Thank you.
Step 1: Ingredients and Equipment Used.
Veggies of your choice. I have chosen the below:
- Beet Root
- Butternut Squash
- Maple Syrup
- Coconut Milk
- Container for making Popsicle and some sticks OR a Popsicle Mold. (My daughter eats Minigo flavored yogurt so I used those containers and left over cookie sticks for the Popsicle mold :-))
Step 2: Make Veggie Pops.
- For all the pops, take veggie one by one, wash it, peel it, cut it into chunks and grind it finely using a blender.
- For avocado pop, I have added milk and maple syrup.
- For corn pop, I have added coconut milk and maple syrup.
- For beet pop and spinach pop, I added water with maple syrup.
- For cucumber pop, I added only cucumber.
- For tomato pop and butternut squash pop, I added a little maple syrup.
Step 3: Assembling and Presentation.
- Fill one layer of your selected veggie in the mold and freeze it till it is 80% to 90% frozen.
- Insert stick inside each mold.
- Pour the next layer and freeze until completely frozen.
- Remove the Popsicle from the mold. If it does not come out easily, dip the mold in hot water for 2-3 seconds and it will come out easily
Veggie Pops are ready. Enjoy!
Second Prize in the
Frozen Treats Contest
Participated in the
Summer #mikehacks Contest
Participated in the
squeeze more awesome out of summer contest