Introduction: Wooden Circle Ceiling Light
This is a very simple project for a minimalist design. But I like it :-)
I've used a cnc router to make the circle, because I have one and it is convenient. But I can be made with casual tools if you have skills.
- 18mm oak plate
- beautiful electric wire
- e14 or e27 socket
- a bulb light
- 10mm hollow threaded tube (for the socket)
- 3mm nylon screw
- 3mm drill and tap
Step 1: Make the Circle
Make the circle : the outer diameter is 250mm, inner 210mm.
Drill a hole like on the photo, this will be used to pass the 10mm hollow tube.
Step 2: Set the Hollow Tube
Drill the 10mm hollow tube and tap it (3mm).
A nylon set screw will be used to fix the electric wires inside the tube.
Step 3: Assemble the Parts
- Fix the electric wires inside the socket
- Pass the wire inside the tube
- Screw the tube to the socket
- Screw the nylon set screw to fix the wire
- Pass the tube through the wood
- Assemble the ceiling rose according to the manual from of the manufacturer
Step 4: Finish
You will have a nice design. I didn't find the same online, so it is probably 100% original even if it is so simple. Like an apple ;-)
I will add photos as soon I will have time to fix it on my ceiling. But I couldn't wait to share this project with you.
Participated in the