Introduction: Zucchini Ravioli
Today I'd like to share one of my favourite meat-free recipes - the zucchini ravioli! It's not just vegetarian, it's also gluten-free, light and overall a healthy yummi in your tummy.
And if you're looking for a meal that's also dairy-free, try my Spanish pisto.
- 2 standard-size zucchini or several mini zucchini
- 200 g of grated mozzarella cheese
- half a red paprika
- 450 g canned tomatos
- 100 g of grated parmezan cheese
- dried or fresh basil
- olive oil
- baking tray
- potato peeler
Step 1: Prepare Filling and Zucchini
1. Chop the red paprika really finely and mix it well with grated mozzarella.
2. Cut off the ends of the zucchini and also the skin on both sides. See how little I cut off? So don't chop off half of your zucchini either:-)
3. Use the potato peeler to peel the zucchini into thin slices. You will need 4 slices to make 1 ravioli.
Step 2: Form Ravioli
1. Place two slices of zucchini next to each other so that they overlap a little. Place another two overlapping slices on the first two to form a cross.
2. Place a teaspoon full of the cheese-paprika mixture in the center of the "cross".
3. Wrap the ravioli as shown in the third picture - place one end on the mixture, then the one next to it and do on until your ravioli is wrapped.
Step 3: Bake and Serve
1. Place the ravioli on the baking tray seam side down.
2. Sprinkle them with salt and pepper and some olive oil.
3. Bake for 10 minutes on 180 °C, then add canned tomatos and parmezan on top and bake another 10 minutes.
4. Serve hot with rice, bread, any side dish you want or none at all.
Participated in the
Meat Free Meal Challenge